Connecticut
Options

Cake

Just wondering what the average cost of cake for a round 60 people would cost? People told me to ask in the local area of where the wedding is so I'm just throwing the question out there! Wedding is in Wilton, CT. 
Future Mrs. D'Amario!

Re: Cake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends where it's from...my shower cake is for 30 people and is $150 but it's also got fondant & some intricacy to it so it was a little extra $ for that. 
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our cake ran us $4.50 per person.  We used Sweet Rewards in Brookfield, CT.  They delivered our cake to Ridgefield, so they probably would to Wilton.  I believe their cakes start around $3.50/person.  We had a speciality flavor w/ fondant & decoration on the cake so it was a little more.  It was heavenly.  The cake was so good that we've literally ordered a cake from them for every occasion since.  I actually ordered a 3 tier anniversary cake for DH's parents for a party they're having tomorrow.  FYI, Kelly the owner is an amazing decorator.  She's done some beautiful work for us.

We also looked at the Sono Baking Co. in Norwalk and The Cake Boutique in Wilton.  Sono is really yummy, but we opted for Sweet Rewards.  I believe they were more expensive and further away for us.  The Cake Boutique wasn't willing to work with us on flavors.  We wanted an asian inspired cake for our wedding and the ladies there were not open to coming up with any asian inspired flavors or combinations.  They said they will ONLY do the standard cakes that they have on their menu.  Again... I think they were more expensive too.  Sweet Rewards came up with an almond cake with ginger cream mousse and a few other fillings using lychee.  Soooooo yummy!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the pricing at Angela Mia in Norwalk - our cake was included in our package and it was phenomenal!  Beautiful and incredibly tastey!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our cake was also around 3 or 4 dollars a person and we also had about 50 people, I don't really know the exact figure because our caterer/baker worked together so the charge was just added to our catering bill, so I would budget for about $200-300.  Check to see if your venue has a cake cutting fee on top of that if you are using an outside baker...
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards