Connecticut
Options

Kim's Cottage Confections

I know I've read some mixed reviews about them. Can anyone give me some specific feedback about how they are? The Barns offers them for $3.50 a slice but I don't know if I will use them - I might shop around to try to find someone else. I'm really not looking for an intricate cake. I want something that looks like this: 

Thanks!

Re: Kim's Cottage Confections

• Options
    klmpo013klmpo013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Barns, too!  To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the cake from Kim's Cottage Confections that I tasted at the bridal showcase this year, so I tried out a few different places in the area.  We ended up going with Pastry Fusions.  The prices were reasonable, the cakes were awesome, and they're going to make our favors, too (apple cider donuts!).  The owner gave us a price, and then told us he could do any design we wanted and the price wouldn't change.  I thought that was pretty great, although we ended up going with a really simple design anyhow.

Good luck!  The cake tastings were probably my favorite part of the wedding planning!  Haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love and adore everything from Kim's cottage confections. Everyone on here is usually a 50/50 split between Kim's Cottage and Cakes by Donna and as you see people reply you will notice this pattern.

I have used Kim for over 20 events and everytime have had nothing but rave reviews about the cakes from the guests. The apple spice with walnut filling is to die for. I have seen her do cakes like all of the one's you are looking for.  I would go and sample the cakes for yourself. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Kim and my parents use her cakes all the time.  She is a part of the package for the Riverhouse, so I will probably use her.  She also does cookies, chocolate popcorn, covered apples, etc. if you want extras.  She is a super nice person to deal with, and I think the cakes are delicious too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom used Kim for my shower cake. It was shaped like a teapot.  Everyone loved the cake. I thought the frosting she used was a bit sweet, but other than that the cake was really moist. I ended up using J Cakes in North Branford for our wedding cake as  they were one of the vendors we could use with our package at Fantasia. Overall, I would recommend Kim!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to a party on Friday where Kim's CC is making the favors so I'll let you know how they are!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just had our food tasting at the SR two weeks back and Kim's CC is one of our vendor choices.  There where six people to opinion on this and sadly none of us were impressed by the selection from Kim.  The Apple spice was tasty but we want multiple flavors.  The other verndor had comparable  flavor options and all the ones we tried from Creative cakes by Donna were just moister and more flavorful.  The red velvet with peanut butter mouse was amazing, (impressive since i hate red velvet and peanut butter in general).  Anyhow happy planning and enjoy your tasting!
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards