Connecticut

Woodwinds and Prices?

Hi ladies,
I am exceptionally new to wedding planning and we've tentatively set a date in Spring/Early summer of 2014.

I have been researching The Woodwinds in Branford and I know some of you ladies have either toured or married there.

My question- the packages "per person" on the website are straightforward enough but does that include renting the room/ceremony area? Or is there a fee for renting the space and then the amount per person is just for food only? All I can find for pricing is $50 to $100 per person (for menu packages) but nowhere does it say that there are additional rentals fees.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Woodwinds and Prices?

• We got married there in June and cannot say enough great things about them!  We paid $104/person including tax and gratuity for the 2nd highest package.  Our goal was to keep it under $100/person but ours included tax and gratuity (as mentioned), venetian table, open bar for 5 hours, wine on the table all night, 10 passed hors d'ouerves in addition to stationary ones, and cake.  We also got a free meal at Cafe Allegre since they don't do tastings (we used it as our Valentine's dinner).  We booked and got 2010 prices so I'm sure they went up.  The ceremony site was an additional $2000 plus $1 per chair (we had to have one for every guest even though many stood because they were so tight).  The food was outstanding, Scott was amazing, and the girls in the office were very prompt in answering my lengthy emails with questions every few months.  Totally worth every penny and I will recommend them over and over and over again!  If you have any other questions let me know.
  • I'm getting married there Sept 2013. We booked December of 2011. Honestly Woodwinds was the best pricing we found for what it includes. They were also the most flexible! My suggestion to you would be to call and make an Better to book now because you'll be able to lock in 2012 prices for a 2014 wedding :)

• Im getting married there sept 2013 as well and i love them already! anytime i have questions they email me back as soon as they can and they are very flexible. if you want to have your ceremony there its an additional fee of 500 plus 1$ per chair and it can be anywhere on the grounds.
  • sorry....the fee was $500.  The deposit was $2000.
  • Thank you! So you're saying, it cost 500 for the ceremony site then the amount for the food per person? The 2000 deposit goes toward the food prices then? It seems from what you ladies are saying is that there is no "reception hall rental fee" in addition to the 500 and food costs. Some places charge a couple thousand simply to rent the hall.
  • yes, 500 for the ceremony fee and the deposit varies (mine was 1000 to hold our date). there is NO hall rental fee and if you do decide to book with woodwinds they break everything down for you in your contract and you can always make changes to it.
  • I'm a May 2013 Woodwinds Bride...well our reception will be held there.  We are getting married in our church.  Sarah is so sweet and we loved the tour.  Definitely look into the Bridal Expo held at Woodwinds around February. 

• I am also having my reception in September 2013. What date is your wedding? I loved how flexiable they were and its very pretty. I have only heard very good things about this place as well.  In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_woodwinds-and-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:734609f9-f13b-4194-902a-e35f8bfeae0dPost:14aa710d-4b0a-46ec-a3c0-04b260ab8578">Re: Woodwinds and Prices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married there Sept 2013. We booked December of 2011. Honestly Woodwinds was the best pricing we found for what it includes. They were also the most flexible! My suggestion to you would be to call and make an Better to book now because you'll be able to lock in 2012 prices for a 2014 wedding :)
    Posted by kimmish01[/QUOTE]
  • I am getting married at Woodwinds in July 2014. The info given is correct. I booked already & got 2012 rates. The ceremony is $500 plus $1 per chair & my deposit was $1,000. Does anyone know if that deposit goes toward your balance or is it just a non refundable deposit?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards