Connecticut
Options

Said yes to the dress, and so did my BMs!

Hi ladies!  I wanted to let you know of my awesome experiences at The Wedding Dress in Portland and Fairy Tales in Glastonbury. 

I said yes to the dress at The Wedding Dress last month; it was the only place I shopped and I found "the dress" within an hour.  The staff was so helpful and made the experience very enjoyable.  The boutique is very small which makes the experience personal, but at the same time they have a huge selection of dresses.  My dress was not one that I had initially chosen to try on, but one that the staff pulled out for me.  They are also the only store in CT that sells Essence of Australia.

This weekend I went to Fairy Tales with all 5 of my bridesmaids.  I had never heard of this shop before, but they were centrally located for my BMs and myself and carried Bill Levkoff, so I made an appointment.  It ended up being a great experience!  The staff here was great and gave their honest opinions and also kept us laughing for the whole appointment.  The shop has multiple floors, and we had one floor to ourselves and had multiple stylists helping us. We found a dress that flattered everyone that we all loved within an hour, and they gave us the 10% discount that is normally reserved for when you purchase 6+ dresses.

Highly recommend both of these shops for a stress-free, fun shopping experience!

Re: Said yes to the dress, and so did my BMs!

• Options
    That's great! Congratulations!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_said-yes-to-the-dress-and-so-did-my-bms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:7479c054-a5f6-4c9c-af40-bf18891cd36ePost:0b78553d-4929-4d1d-a332-58fbbe1bf2fa">Said yes to the dress, and so did my BMs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies!  I wanted to let you know of my awesome experiences at The Wedding Dress in Portland and Fairy Tales in Glastonbury.  I said yes to the dress at The Wedding Dress last month; it was the only place I shopped and I found "the dress" within an hour.  The staff was so helpful and made the experience very enjoyable.  The boutique is very small which makes the experience personal, but at the same time they have a huge selection of dresses.  My dress was not one that I had initially chosen to try on, but one that the staff pulled out for me.  They are also the only store in CT that sells Essence of Australia. This weekend I went to Fairy Tales with all 5 of my bridesmaids.  I had never heard of this shop before, but they were centrally located for my BMs and myself and carried Bill Levkoff, so I made an appointment.  It ended up being a great experience!  The staff here was great and gave their honest opinions and also kept us laughing for the whole appointment.  The shop has multiple floors, and we had one floor to ourselves and had multiple stylists helping us. We found a dress that flattered everyone that we all loved within an hour, and they gave us the 10% discount that is normally reserved for when you purchase 6+ dresses. Highly recommend both of these shops for a stress-free, fun shopping experience!
    Posted by tanyamary627[/QUOTE]

My dress is an Essence of Australia from the Wedding Dress as well!  Sounds like you had a very similar experience to me, the staff pulled the dress I ended up choosing!  Did you get an Essence dress?  Which style?  Mine is D1181, I can't wait for it to come in and have m first fitting (which wont' be for months since my wedding is in June lol).  I'm glad you had such a great experience there!!
  • Options
    Congrats! What an awesome feeling!!
  • Options
    Congrats on two great checks! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards