Connecticut

hotel blocks

My wedding is in June 2013.  When should I be calling hotels near my venue (they recommended 3 that also will provide shuttle service) to ask about hotel blocks?  I thought it was too early right now, but some ladies on my month board have already reserved their rooms blocks so I don't know if I am behind or not?

Re: hotel blocks

• edited July 2012
    It depends upon how many hotels are in the area, what events are going on that weekend, and how many other weddings there are, plus more.

I don't think it's ever too early to book a hotel block. I'd rather be safe with the rooms booked than sorry to learn there was a concert and now there's no rooms left. 

I'd call up the hotels and ask them about making a block. The worst that can happen is they tell you that they wont book for June 2013 until X date.  Just make sure you aren't responsible to pay for the rooms if they're not filled. Most hotels will let the block expire some time in the month before the wedding, so other public guests can book rooms. 

• SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Thank you!  Our wedding is at Grassy Hill Lodge in Derby, CT.  The three hotels recommended are in Shelton and Milford I think.  These are only recommended because the venue knows for certain they provide shuttle service.  There are enough surrounding areas (including New Haven being 10 minutes away) that I'm not super worried about there being nothing available, but I was having a momentary freak out that I was running behind on this task.
  • I don't think you're behind, but it can't hurt to just get it done with if you know what hotels you want to look into.  I just did mine last month for my January 2013 wedding, so I think you're fine! 

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I would do it know just to have another thing off your list! It can never hurt to be too early! We did ours about a year before!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • just do it now and get it over with, one less thing to do later on and you can always change it as you don't need to put anything down.

• We are getting married in April 5,2013 and we already booked our hotel block. We wanted to get the price that the coordinator was offering us because she said if we waited the price could go up. I def. don't think it hurts to book early. The hotel we also booked sent us cards to put in our stds with hotel block information on it. Our hotel block closes 2/19/13 (which is a little far out from the wedding) so our guests will have between September(when stds go out) and February of 2013 to book a room (which is plenty of time!)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would check with the hotels you want to use.

One of ours let us book far out, the other told us to wait until a certain date.

Doesn't hurt to try with the places you are looking at
  • jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    I did my block just under a year before. I'm glad I did it when I did, because I just found out the hotel has two other wedding blocks that weekend.
  • I agree, doesn't hurt to do it now.  I did mine over a year before my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards