Connecticut
Options

New to Knot...now what??

Hey Ladies!
I'm very new to the knot - I'm in the beginning stages of EVERYTHING and already feeling a little overwhelmed! I'm trying to focus on the reception site! I have a date - Oct 22nd - 2011, and my ceremony will be in SE CT - but now what?! Any good ideas for a reception in southeastern ct area?? All and any are GREATLY appreciated! Laughing

Re: New to Knot...now what??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!

Mystic Seaport is a great place in SE CT :)  I am getting married there in June and can't WAIT!  So far, everything is going smoothly with Coastal Gourmet (the caterers) and the people are really nice and helpful :)
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    mlprck27mlprck27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Mystic Aquarium is amazing too.  My best friend had her reception there last October and it was beautiful.  They have wedding pictures with the Beluga whale in the background.  If you're looking for something that will awe ur guests this place will certainly do the trick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! There are tons of beautiful venues in SE CT. If it wasn't so far I would of gotten married there. I really like Mystic Seaport, Eolia Mansion, and Branford House. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome. I dont have a venue suggestion although Mystic seaport seems to get a lot of good recs from girls on the board.  I do have a DJ suggestion though, DJ Melee- Jason Palermo is amazing. We have him booked for our wedding next Oct as well. You cant be his prices and he has amazing reviews.
    Good Luck Planning! :)
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!  It does seem a bit overwhelming at first but since you have plenty of time right now is a good time to do lots of research for the bigger stuff such as venues and photography (those were my top vendors to book for).

Have you considered maybe doing it in RI? 

Good luck!!!  Happy planning :)
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    WELCOME my TARA!!!!!!!!! <3

SO happy you are joining TK (the knot) world---you will be addicted in no time!!

As the girls have said....take planning one step at a time..and as I told you it can get VERY overwhelming!

The girls on this board are great and have SO many amazing ideas!! Don't be afraid to ask any questions--big or small!

You are off to a great start!! Happy Planning!!!

xoxoxox

<3
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome!
    We are getting married at The Riverhouse which is in Haddam. It's in Middlesex county, so its not completely SE, but it is beautiful!!! The food is amazing and so far everyone has been great to work with!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tam728tam728 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Stonington Meadows in Stonington. It is a beautiful place and the food was fabulous.  Good luck with your planning.
  • Options
    ajpufkyajpufky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! and welcome!! The girls here on TK are sooo helpful, definately keep me wedding sane! Another great board to visit is the October 2011 board the girls are awesome and what's great is we are all getting married in the same month so it's nice because we are all doing about the same steps. FI and I are getting married on October 30th!
    Also a suggestion for SE CT reception site would be Lattitudes in Mystic it's in the Seaport area. They have a reception area that can hold up to 250 people I think that's what the sign said, also they have a couple of outside tents, so I don't know if you can get married there, but it's worth it to look! FI's work had a Christmas party there and it was pretty and the food was good, friendly staff too! Kind of a natical theme so if that's what you are looking for it's a great place to start with.
    Good luck and happy planning! Laughing
    Anniversarymy read shelf:
    Amanda P's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    ucvixy77ucvixy77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome.  This board is extremely helpful and was crucial in helping me with my vendors.  I do not live in the area and didn't know where to start.
    I got married at Lake of Isles in North Stonington.  I cannot say enough about the staff, food, and atmosphere.
    Good luck planning.
  • Options
    blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

We are getting married at the MGM Grant in SE CT and are really excited about it. I also have a great wedding planner from Mystic if you are interested.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome date twin!! :)

I have a friend getting married at Mystic Aquarium and I know a bunch of girls on here are having their recception at the Seaport. Both are awesome!

Good luck with the planning! The girls on here are super helpful :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! We got married at Waters Edge in Westbrook and have nothing but amazing things to say about the venue and our onsite wedding coordinator. We also looked at Lake of Isles which is across the street from Foxwoods and MGM Grand and was absolutely gorgeous and had great packaging like Waters Edge did. HTH!
  • Options
    tarai17tarai17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your ideas! I love all of them!! I will keep you all posted!
  • Options
    carmenmckennacarmenmckenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also new to TK and very overwhelmed! I could use any suggestions that you ladies have, from reception sites to photographers to everything!! My FI and I haven't set a date yet...most likely summer of 2012 (since I'm a teacher and have summers off)! it seems so far away, but I really think I'll need all that time to visit sites, plan every detail, etc. Anyhow, I'm excited to start planning and can't wait to hear all the advice! Tarai17, good luck with everything too...!!!
    Carmen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards