Connecticut

How much does a marriage license cost?

I was just curious how much does a marriage license in CT cost?

Thanks
Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
My Ovulation Chart

Re: How much does a marriage license cost?

• We paid $30. I think that's standard in CT.

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • ohh ok not bad i thought like $100
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• I know it's $30 in Simsbury, so I assume $30 everywhere
  • It's deceptive - $30 for the license, but you'll have to pay another $20 for an official copy.  And you'll need an official copy to prove to anyone (DMV, Social Security, etc.) that you're married.  So really, it's $50 in disguise!

You can pre-pay for a copy and they'll mail it to you.  So bring $50 in cash when you show up to get the license.  They'll have you write the name/address on an envelope where you want them to send it - I got a thrill out of that because I was able to write,for the first time, Mr. & Mrs. Last Name on an envelope since I will be Mrs. Last Name when that license is sent!

It's also cash or check only.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_how-much-does-a-marriage-license-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:83279e2b-1c40-4ff3-8052-214b1b1f2ec3Post:31a99c4d-14ee-4f25-a0ed-01014df3905f">Re: How much does a marriage license cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's deceptive - $30 for the license, but you'll have to pay another $20 for an official copy.  And you'll need an official copy to prove to anyone (DMV, Social Security, etc.) that you're married.  So really, it's $50 in disguise! You can pre-pay for a copy and they'll mail it to you.  So bring $50 in cash when you show up to get the license.  They'll have you write the name/address on an envelope where you want them to send it - I got a thrill out of that because I was able to write,for the first time, Mr. & Mrs. Last Name on an envelope since I will be Mrs. Last Name when that license is sent! It's also cash or check only.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_how-much-does-a-marriage-license-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:83279e2b-1c40-4ff3-8052-214b1b1f2ec3Post:44181628-4067-4a74-81ac-f876b873c548">Re: How much does a marriage license cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much does a marriage license cost? : I didn't know that! Thanks for the info!
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]
    Ditto! Thank you Calindi, we are going to get ours on Monday and I will be bringing my $50!
    Anniversary
  • Agree with calindi, it is actually 50.  30 to get a 'license' and then 20 to get a certified copy which you need.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards