Let's hear it!!
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: ~*~Royal Wedding~*~

• edited December 2011
    I was up this morning at the gym watching on the treadmill... Not gonna lie, I teared up a big. Luckily it was masked by my sweat haha

So beautiful! She looked amazingly radiant. Her dress is perfect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    I woke up just a little early so I could watch the ceremony part.  I loved Kate's dress!  My sister lives in Maryland so we were texting each other back and forth (she's my MOH).  Meanwhile, my FI was totally asleep!  Gotta love guys!  Oh well!

Anyway, I thought it was lovely!  Had to leave for work before the kiss (or kisses as my sister just texted me!)
    Anniversary
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought they were so cute. I missed the vows, but I was able to catch them on Youtube. I thought her dress was very pretty. I'm usually not a fan of sleeves on the dress, but I thought she pulled it off very well!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE! She looked gorgeous and I loved the dress (also, I'm excited that I'm also wearing lace!). She looked so calm but I thought Wills looked a little nervous. All in all, gorgeous! I can't wait to go home and re-watch it all on DVR!
  • edited December 2011
    As royal as it was, it felt like "any other wedding" in a good way for the bride and groom!  I know that's a really odd statement, but neither seemed "above it" and had obvious nerves, excitement...just wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely amazing. Her dress was flawless, even Pippa was stunning and was wearing a beautiful gown. I made myself go to the gym while I watched and it was a really good motivator! 
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Can I just say, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice looked like the ugly step-cousins? Their hats and outfits were terrible (IMO, of course)
  • cdbishopcdbishop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I kept trying to get out of bed to watch everything, but couldn't.  When i got out of the shower they were walking out of the church.  Still very exciting.  She looked gorgeous and as official as it has to be, she was beaming and you could tell he was excited as well.  I agree, Princess Eugenie and Beatrice's were not the most fashionable.  Beatrice couldn't even sit in the car straight because her hat was hitting the top, she was hunched over.
  • edited December 2011
    My sister and I said the same thing about Beatrice and Eugenie!  Haha!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I was up at 5:00am on my own worrying about the DVR lol so I just got up. I loved her dress, very elegant and tasteful and not overdone :). The ceremony was beautiful, definitely Royal quality, but I agree that there was a realness to it - they were so natural with each other :). And the kisses on the balcony were adorable :). Pippa and Harry (and I love how he couldn't resist looking for William as Jate walked down the aisle so sweet!) looked great too - I didn't catch the cousins but I agree they did not look that good.
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm just catching clips of it now. Seems like I'm in the minority but I thought Kate's dress looks elegant but way too simple. It just looks like a dress you can get at any decent bridal shops (also looks too much like Grace Kelly's). I really expected Kate to have her own style. I like Pippa's dress a lot more. However, Kate still looks gorgeous and they look very in love. 
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I didn't wake up early for it, but woke up in time to see the end of the ceremony, the carriage ride, and the balcony kisses. I think Kate looked stunning. I loved her dress and her sister's dress too! I loved that there were 2 kisses on the balcony- so cute! And most of all, I like how happy they both looked!
    imageAnniversary
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_royal-wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:85ff3f04-1ad4-4213-b809-aac08be2bccdPost:05cbdc1f-4153-4a57-8153-256ec838683c">Re: ~*~Royal Wedding~*~</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just catching clips of it now. Seems like I'm in the minority but I thought Kate's dress looks elegant but way too simple. It just looks like a dress you can get at any decent bridal shops (also looks too much like Grace Kelly's). I really expected Kate to have her own style. I like Pippa's dress a lot more. However, Kate still looks gorgeous and they look very in love. 
    Posted by christikao[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! I was underwhelmed by her dress because I was expecting so much more since it was $400k+ and I was expecting a wow factor. She looked beautiful, but I wasn't wowed, and all the girls here at my office all thought it was shaped weird in her boob area if that makes sense. It really did look like just any other dress with lace sleeves on it and nothing too spectacular which is Kate's style, but why on earth would it be so expensive? I liked Pippa's dress too, but was very surprised to see her in ivory.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_royal-wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:85ff3f04-1ad4-4213-b809-aac08be2bccdPost:511744fa-9332-4a20-aefa-e892f1960851">Re: ~*~Royal Wedding~*~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~*~Royal Wedding~*~ : Ditto this! I was underwhelmed by her dress because I was expecting so much more since it was <strong>$400k+ </strong>and I was expecting a wow factor. She looked beautiful, but I wasn't wowed, and all the girls here at my office all thought it was shaped weird in her boob area if that makes sense. It really did look like just any other dress with lace sleeves on it and nothing too spectacular which is Kate's style, but why on earth would it be so expensive? I liked Pippa's dress too, but was very surprised to see her in ivory.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

<div>What!! That's insane, $400k+. It definitely doesn't look like it should be that much. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I was watching but actually woke up to the tv on.. my FI had turned it on first... That took me by surprise!! but we woke up as they were getting ready to exit the church.. His first comment was she didnt do anything with her hair.. and he thought Pippa looked better.. but i did think that Kate looked beautiful and relaxed.. I would have been an extreme mess!! with the whole world watching me get married!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was beautiful. They looked so excited and in love, the two kisses were too cute! Although I thought Catherine and Willam looked nice, Pippa and Harry looked hot!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards