Connecticut
Options

E-pics with an AWESOME photographer!

We had our E-pics this weekend and I am still smiling about how much fun it was. Our photographer was Eric Brushett, of Eric Brushett Photography. He had some great ideas and he had us doing some things that were very fun and artsy. We started with the basic poses and then we did some fun stuff that Eric suggested - he had FI twirling me around and dipping me, and he would circle around us and take photos while we danced. We went to a number of locations all over Hamden...they were all locations that Eric suggested, and I would have never thought of...and they were beautiful :) It was raining on and off, so we did a lot of photos in covered areas, but that made for some cool architectural shots. At first I was bummed about the rain, but when I saw how cool the sky looked, I realized that the overcast skies were more beautiful than the sunny sky would have been! I only have one "teaser" photo so far, but I will be posting the rest in a week or so, when I get all of them. I'm not very good at uploading stuff, so I hope this works....

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: E-pics with an AWESOME photographer!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful :) It looks like a lot of fun!!
    Visit The Knot! Visit Connecticut.Weddings.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...ok so the pic is kinda small, but if you click on it, you can view it larger. I am technologically challenged!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's adorable and you're right...the sky looks amazing!  Can't wait to see the rest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, looks like you had so much fun!  Can't wait to see more!
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love this picture!!! It's beautiful! And the clouds are an added bonus!! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask where in Hamden you had the pics? I went to Quinnipiac and was thinking about having our session around there and the Mountain in the fall..but not really sure.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also went to Quinnipiac - but this photo is not at QU. We were at a park with a huge outdoor stage/ampitheater, it is on Dixwell Ave and I honestly don't know the name of it. I tried to google it but it's tough to google something without the name :) If you are familiar with Hamden, it is just past the Hamden Senior Center on Dixwell Avenue...I believe it is technically part of "Town Center Park" ...if it's not IN town center park, its definitely right next to it.. Sorry for such vague information! We kinda drove around Hamden until we found something cool, so that is how we stumbled on this spot. We took some photos on the big stage and then we took this particular photo on a hill behind the stage....our photog stood down below the hill and looked up at us (and the sky).

I also recommend QU for photos...we went to the new campus (York Hill Campus). The views from the hill are amazing, and the architecture of the buildings is also amazing. I am a QU alum, so it was so nice to be able to take our E-pics there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to know! Did you have to get permission from anyone?
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! Love it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_e-pics-awesome-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:86f0a684-e555-4178-8814-58c789382527Post:bcf0ba9c-e185-49ed-beb6-128c1c5d48cb">Re: E-pics with an AWESOME photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good to know! Did you have to get permission from anyone? Thanks for the info!
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure if we were supposed to ask permission, but we didn't. Haha. We actually didn't plan on going to QU until we met up with our photographer and he suggested it. It was very spur of the moment, so we went right in and started shooting! It was a Sunday around 5 p.m. and we did hear some students upstairs in the student center, but other than that, it was pretty quiet around there. If you're taking your pics in the fall, you may encounter more people than we did. I would think that it might be more crowded with students in the fall. As far as I know, classes haven't started yet, so I think that's why it was so quiet for us. I think most people are respectful enough to give you your space when you are having a photo shoot in a public place....just make sure you are comfortable with people watching you! :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards