Connecticut
Options

The Waveny House or The Wadsworth Mansion? CT

Hi all,
I am in the early stages of planning a wedding...the biggest issue is picking a vendor. We are on a budget, and thinking of waiting two years, but still want to get everything "picked out".

Is anyone here having a wedding at Waveny or the Wadsworth Mansion...or has anyone ever been involved with a wedding at these venues? 

I am not sure which caterer to use, etc. Also, it seems like The Waveny has strict rules and regulations since it is town owned...has this created an issue for anyone?

Also, would a venue like these require a wedding planner?
Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!  Smile

Re: The Waveny House or The Wadsworth Mansion? CT

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_the-waveny-house-or-the-wadsworth-mansion-ct?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:8824f7d2-f005-49fa-8bed-3a7bae84ac8ePost:4fc4338f-f9a6-4467-8dbd-ed853fac1bf5">The Waveny House or The Wadsworth Mansion? CT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, I am in the early stages of planning a wedding...the biggest issue is picking a vendor. We are on a budget, and thinking of waiting two years, but still want to get everything "picked out". Is anyone here having a wedding at Waveny or the Wadsworth Mansion...or has anyone ever been involved with a wedding at these venues?  I am not sure which caterer to use, etc. Also, it seems like The Waveny has strict rules and regulations since it is town owned...has this created an issue for anyone? Also, would a venue like these require a wedding planner? Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated! 
    Posted by zajack1[/QUOTE]

<div>Hello!</div><div>I hope you don't consider my response biased since I work at the Wadsworth Mansion, but let me offer some information that you may find helpful.  First and foremost you don't have to hire a wedding planner.    Staff at either venue can help you with ideas.  The Wadsworth Mansion has hosted over 900 weddings and can suggest vendors, help coordinate all the vendors you have hired and will assist in your ceremony if it is on site.  We all can help you with your budget, making suggestions on cost savings in your planning if you need that insight.</div><div>
    </div><div> We have 12 caterers on our list at various price points, so when someone books we try to get a sense of the budget and steer our couple to a vendor who can work within your budget.   One of our caterers offers a package at $75-$80 dollars and it includes everything but the cake.</div><div>
    </div><div>As for the rules and regulatios, most of them are to protect the building and ensure that events run smoothly.  I think having a wedding at a Mansion/House offers the flexibility to be creative and have a very unique wedding.  Good luck with plans.</div>
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I had my wedding at the Wadsworth Mansion and couldn't have been happier. You definitely don't need a wedding planner and the mansion is absolutely beautiful. I got married last month and still have people raving about how gorgeous it was. There is a little more work that you need to put in for that type of venue because you have to bring in everything yourself, but it is worth it! I used Grand Gourmet Catering out of New Haven and the food was amazing. The mansion itself is so beautiful that you don't need many decorations. I highly recommend Wadsworth!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards