Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Gift for travel agent?

Just wondering what people do to thank their travel agents. I have never used one before but did to set up my Maui HM. I thought she was wonderful and helpful. I probably could've done it all on my own, but it was nice to have a 3rd person who has been to Maui advise me. I'd like to do something nice for her but not sure what would be a good idea. Figured I would post this and see what others have done. Thanks!
~ES~

Re: Gift for travel agent?

• Options
    I've used many agents over the years and never thought about giving a gift. I think it's because the best gift you can give an agent is your repeat business or your referrals! People travel for various reasons, and sometimes very often, not just for weddings. So your referrals may go a lot further for your agent than say your wedding photographer or reception coordinator. I always try to recommend an agent on here or to my friends if I thought they did a fantastic job.

• Options
    Ditto PP. I think a referral or just your return business is the best gift to give. If you wanted to actually give her something, I think just a nice Thank You card with a picture from that trip in it would be lovely.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Oh, definitely on the referrals/repeat customer! Just wasn't sure if it was customary to tip or gift as well. 
    ~ES~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_gift-for-travel-agent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:6403a70e-ad38-49fe-86e7-e964fefbba74Post:3246ea10-771d-4eef-b32c-59249ac9ff91">Gift for travel agent?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering what people do to thank their travel agents. I have never used one before but did to set up my Maui HM. I thought she was wonderful and helpful. <strong>I probably could've done it all on my own, but it was nice to have a 3rd person who has been to Maui advise me.</strong> I'd like to do something nice for her but not sure what would be a good idea. Figured I would post this and see what others have done. Thanks!
    Posted by Eliz77[/QUOTE]

That's what travel agents are paid for.  Do you give the guy at your local car wash a gift every time he washes your car?  Just send her a note and a photo if you feel so inclined.
  • Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    If I feel someone does a little extra than I expected, then yes, I do tip for their services.
    ~ES~
  • Options
    RoMy215RoMy215 member
    We used a friend as a ta (and also went to Maui for our hm!..LOVED IT!!), so we did send her a little wine gift basket. However, I agree with pp's. If she gave you a big discount, or something like that, a small gift (gift card to a restaurant or bottle of wine) might be nice. Otherwise, because so many vendors have decreased or cut out commissions, repeat and refferal business is really the way to go on this. If you really felt she went above and beyond, you could also post a review online (are they listed on Yelp?) or maybe write a little note to her boss as well.
    HTH and enjoy Maui!! I
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    We sent a wedding thank you card and a few pics. Our TA was over-the-moon thrilled
  • Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_gift-for-travel-agent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:6403a70e-ad38-49fe-86e7-e964fefbba74Post:73f85d83-9e1e-47b2-9fc7-87bbd83ca62a">Re: Gift for travel agent?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used a friend as a ta (and also went to Maui for our hm!..LOVED IT!!), so we did send her a little wine gift basket. However, I agree with pp's. If she gave you a big discount, or something like that, a small gift (gift card to a restaurant or bottle of wine) might be nice. Otherwise, because so many vendors have decreased or cut out commissions, repeat and refferal business is really the way to go on this. If you really felt she went above and beyond, you could also post a review online (are they listed on Yelp?) or maybe write a little note to her boss as well. HTH and enjoy Maui!! I
    Posted by RoMy215[/QUOTE]

<div>Can you share some MUST do's from your Maui experience please??? Thanks!</div>
    ~ES~
  • Options
    We sent our travel agent flowers. She really came through and got us a great deal and saved us a lot of money. She had to go to her manager for approval to get us our deal and I wanted to let her know we appreciated it and were thankful. She called me and told me that we had made her day and everyone in the office was jealous of her gorgeous flowers.
    If you feel the need to show your gratitude or thanks, then give your agent something. No one shoud tell you that you shouldn't do something nice for somebody.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards