Connecticut
Options

****KOTW: elmcity bride****

Everyone else, feel free to ask her any other questions.  Also, if you're interested in being Knottie of the week, please post here!

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name?

2. Wedding date?

3. Venue?

4. How did you and FI/DH Meet?

5. When did you know he was THE ONE?

6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH?
7. How long have you been together?

8. Do you live together? Why or why not?

9. How did FI/DH propose?
10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?

11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years?

12. How many BM/GM do/did you have?
13. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?

15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you?

16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder?

17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least?

18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of?

19. Where are you HMing?

20. What is the best thing you learned on TK?

21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why?

22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior?

23. What other boards do you visit on TK?

24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do?

25. Do you want children?

26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)?

27. Do you have any pets? Names?
28..Do you have any siblings?
29. What is your favorite food?
30. What is your favorite movie?
31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol)
32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?
33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?

34. Describe yourself in 3 words.

35. When is your birthday?
36. What else do you want to share??

~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: ****KOTW: elmcity bride****

• Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoo hoo! congrats! :-)
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh fun! I got so excited when I saw that, haha :)

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name? Courtney & Leo

2. Wedding date? 11/27/2010

3. Venue? New Haven Lawn Club

4. How did you and FI/DH Meet? In a bar! Playwright, New Haven

5. When did you know he was THE ONE? when i saw that charming smile of his...haha... probably after dating for about two months, it was the night before thanksgiving, out with all of our friends, something about that night stands out for me.

6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH? he knows me better than I think he does and no matter what is going on he will make me laugh. he is also so old fashioned in many ways which i love.
    7. How long have you been together? September was 5 years, so i guess 5.5 rightnow

8. Do you live together? Why or why not? No we don't right now. we want to wait to move in after the wedding, although sometimes its hard, i feel like it will be worth it when we do move in.

9. How did FI/DH propose? we were on the beach on the cape in Truro on the 4th of July. we were the only ones on the beach and he got down on one knee. better than i could have dreamed of.
    10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why? 1 year, 5 months. We wanted winter but winter 09 was too close to July so decided to wait for hte time of year we wanted.

11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years? 5 probably getting a house to settle down in, by 10 definitely a few kids

12. How many BM/GM do/did you have?  8 and 8, then a jr bm and jr usher and then FG and RB
    13. Favorite wedding vendor so far? i have a vendor crush on raw photo design. his work is amazing. he's been teh photog for me 2 of my best friends and we all are obsessed with him. blog stalkers!!

14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far? make sure its about you and your FH and no one else (no matter how much your mom is pressuring you haha..)

15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you? for some reaosn settling on a BM dress! everything else I have made decisions pretty easily and know what i want

16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder? splurge: photography for sure, and hotel on the HM

deal finder: trying to find deals in each thing, but doing the mantel decor ourselves and doing the inviations from cards and pockets

17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least? havng all our friends and family with us that day, least: trying to manage the families haha...

18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of? day of just getting ready in the hotel with all my girls and mom

19. Where are you HMing? St. Lucia and another island in the caribbean, two weeks...totally cannot wait!!

20. What is the best thing you learned on TK? omg I've learned so much but probably about cards and pockets and other little details that i can incorporate into the wedding...

21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why? ALL OF THEM!

22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior? candy buffets

23. What other boards do you visit on TK? november 2010 mostly

24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do? I'm an Financial reporting analyst and he's a financial advisor

25. Do you want children? oh yes, a lot!

26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)? probably not, i need to have an overwhelming to do to be happy haha...i know SAHM is a ton of work but i think i would miss accounting (i  know hard to believe!!)

27. Do you have any pets? Names? nope, but i'd love a dog. our family dog is cody
    28..Do you have any siblings? yes. two younger, my 24 yo brother and a 21 yo sister (my moh). love them both and so close with them
    29. What is your favorite food? ANYTHING CHOCOLATE!!
    30. What is your favorite movie? sliding doors / hangover
    31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol) tie between Red wine/ captain and diet for alcoholic and vitamin water
    32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year? i would LOVE to go back to Spain and live in Sevilla (I studied in Granada when I was in college and my sister studied in Sevilla) After visiting her this past may i'd love to try it out living there!
    33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?  more flowers and decor..professionally done so i dont have to hunt in xmas tree shops and homegoods!

34. Describe yourself in 3 words. energetic / organized / compassionate (life of the party too but thats too long)

35. When is your birthday? 7/9/82
    36. What else do you want to share?? one thing we are doing for hte wedding that i thought was so cool that we found at a bridal fair, is that we are making our wine at this place in north haven.  We are bottling it with all our bridal party and family and it will be our favors. I never would have thought of it and the people there are awesome to work with! Just an idea for anyone who has families who would appreciate wine. It's good too! we got to try some other bottles before committing to make it!

i'm so excited to be able to fill this out! thanks for all the amazing advice from everyone!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay Courtney!  Love your answers.  The wine making sounds like a lot of fun!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that bottled wine thing sounds awesome!!!  where are you doing it?
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_kotw-elmcity-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:91729435-4195-440f-8dcb-ea7d75399717Post:7f94fc19-c08d-4f6e-b69d-4930f568271d">Re: ****KOTW: elmcity bride****</a>:
    [QUOTE]that bottled wine thing sounds awesome!!!  where are you doing it?
    Posted by starrbuk13[/QUOTE]

yes, where is this place? i would love to do that with DH!
    Baby Blog
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Excellent Answers Courtney!!!

I am a stalker of Eric too! It is bad lol! Oh well right??!?!

OMG Captain & Diet--that used to be MY DRINK!! Haha can't hang anymore with that!

LOVE the wine idea! That is so awesome!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great answers Courtney, love the idea of the wine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies
    we are doing the wine at The Wine Press, in North Haven, CT.
    The guys who own it are so nice! They have a lot of groups who come in just to do it too, bc you get good wine for under $10 a bottle!
    When we were there checking it out a group of about 5 couples were making it together.
    We were thinking about making it a tradition :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on being KOTW!! (:

Ditto the wine making! It sounds AWESOME. I need to somehow convince FI to go down to North Haven!! Hahaha. With so many girls interested, we should do a wine making G2G! :-P
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your "vendor crush" on Raw Photo Design and your comment about the blog stalking! Haha..

Yum... wine making... Tongue out
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that wine making GTG sounds wonderful...mmm
    Baby Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards