Connecticut
Options

Photographers

Hi All,

We are looking to book our photographer ASAP.

Does anyone mind sharing an average cost they're paying for a photographer- obvioulsy my choice is the most expensive and need to decide if it it is too much.
With this being said I understand you get what you pay for to the extent of needing to consider price vs. quality.  However I also want to make sure the pricing is fair.

Thanks!

Re: Photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    about 2500, she was our splurge cuz she is awesome
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're paying $1000- she does it on the side- and she is fabulous! I posted earlier this week with some previews of my engagement pictures- this is one case where cheaper price does not equal low quality!
  • Options
    Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're paying $4000 at Matthew J. Wagner Fine Photography. He is amazing and will make any package fit your financial needs. He gives you a menu of different items and services and you can completely customize what you want.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sent you a private message!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're paying $2600.  I had budgeted $3500.  The other one we were debating was $4700.

My absolute favorite photographers were all over $5000.  I had to compromise - I think we got a good value for what we paid, and I'm a total art/photography snob.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're paying around 3k for two photographers all day.  All in all we loved working with them on our e-pics and they are really talented. its the one thing that we agreed we needed to invest in:
    http://timefrozen.com/
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're paying about $1600. I absolutely LOVE our photographer and everything about his style.

He does incredible work :)
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are paying a lot, but it was our splurge.  We are using Jerome Braga - Studio1923.  He is absolutely amazing! My cousin used him for her wedding 3 years ago, used him for her daughter's newborn and 1 year pictures, and will be using him for her son's newborn pictures very soon.  He has such an amazing eye and can pretty much make a gorgous picture out of anything.  I don't know how he does it!  We had our engagement pics a few weeks ago and had so much fun with him and he took hundreds of pictures in the short amount of time we were with him.

Our package includes (maybe more, but what I can remember):  Engagement pics, album, 2 shooters for the day of the wedding (I don't think we specified times or duration), he puts e-pics into a guest book for the wedding, and COPYRIGHTS!  This is huge!!! No matter who you go with make sure you get the copyrights so that you don't have to pay them everytime you want a picture. 

If you need some more convincing, talk to Vanessa630.  She already got married and used him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with HK. I forgot our package price, but I think it was $3000.
    We get an engagement session, 2 shooters, rights to ALL pics, unlimited hours, and maybe something else.
  • Options
    jaime10285jaime10285 member
    edited December 2011
    $4600 for unlimited time, 2 photographers, an engagment session, DVD with all rights to both engagement pics and wedding pics, an album, and a small travel fee because she's coming from MA.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_photographers-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:97750ab1-6500-4799-9cfd-a433b071848dPost:57e4bb2b-1b4c-4c90-bbdf-047a93272adf">Re: Photographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going with <strong>HK</strong>. I forgot our package price, but I think it was $3000. <strong>We get an engagement session, 2 shooters, rights to ALL pics, unlimited hours,</strong> and maybe something else.
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

This.  We used HK and got everything listed above plus a photo album for $2600 (we booked 1.5 years ago).  They are a pleasure to work with and take amazing photos!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $4700 - this price includes two photographers, an engagement session, unlimited coverage on day of wedding and all rights to the photos. Unfortunately it doesn't include an album. We will pay that after the wedding for about $1000.

Our photographers are Victoria Souza - victoriasouzablog.com. They are a splurge but I love them!
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Aurora Photography and Jennifer McCann Photography, they both run around $3000, and I love them both.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer, Chuck May, with an assistant was 1350, which also included an engagement session and a photo with a mat to be signed at the wedding.  His style is photojournalistic and we didn't do a ton of formals.  We have gotten tons of compliments on the photos.  He doesn't do a lot of the editing that other photographers do, but that isn't really my style anyways :) I just made my albums (2 8x8 parents with 34 pp each and a 12x12 one for us with 48 pp and unlimited photos) for about another 1350.  We looked into our photographers prices and we got a great deal on our albums by designing them ourselves on Somerset.
  • Options
    amandatim1021amandatim1021 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the feedback- it definitely helped- i need to get in the habit of checking back more often!
    To Carebear- we are going with Jerome as well- my fiance and I got in the car after meeting with him and were ready to book- my concern was a bit on the price, but he does such an amazing job i know it's worth it.
    If you don't mind me asking- where did you take your enagement pictures?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards