Connecticut

Parent Gifts and Readers

We are a little short then 3 months away from our big day and it is time for us to start thinking of gifts. My FI and I have no idea what to get our parent's. My parent's have been great and have been going along with everything we went ( they are paying for most of the wedding) and I want to get them really special, but I have no ideas on what. What is everyone else doing for parent gifts?

Also, are you giving gifts to people that are doing readings during your ceremony? I wasn't sure if you are suppose to get them gifts. 

Oh and what about grandparents? Mine are working down the aisle, so do we get them a gift? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Parent Gifts and Readers

• I get married in 3 weeks!  I've been thinking the same things.

We got our dads personalized cufflinks from etsy.

We are going to get our moms Pandora charms

Both sets of parents are getting a parent album as well.

I wasn't planning on readers or grandparent gifts.. should I?  Our readers aren't invited to the Rehearsal Dinner- should they?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_parent-gifts-and-readers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:9c62588f-1d4e-441e-9ade-3733bc658309Post:7c8dfaa1-37ce-4f98-9bbe-fc32a237304f">Re: Parent Gifts and Readers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get married in 3 weeks!  I've been thinking the same things. We got our dads personalized cufflinks from etsy. We are going to get our moms Pandora charms Both sets of parents are getting a parent album as well. I wasn't planning on readers or grandparent gifts.. should I?  Our readers aren't invited to the Rehearsal Dinner- should they?
    Posted by Lizlangevin[/QUOTE]

I would invite the readers to the rehersal dinner. Are you expecting them at the rehersal? I would regardless, but certainly if you are having them attend the rehersal.

As someone who once had to take a day off to make a rehersal (as a reader) to find out they weren't invited to the dinner, it's not a good feeling!
  • The readers should be invited to the dinner, especially if they are at the rehearsal. I would also get them a small gift, a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant or place to shop.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • They won't be at the rehearsal-
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would still invite them b/c they are part of the wedding ceremony, personally
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    We got our parents a gift card to their favorite restaurant, and we also gave necklaces to our moms. They'll also be getting copies of our wedding video.

The readers were our younger cousins.  We got my cousin a leather wallet and H's cousin an ankle bracelet (We asked their parents what they wanted and this was it)
    imageAnniversary
  • OP- I'm giving my parents and FIs a set of matching frames- one with their wedding photo, one with mine (well it'll be the engagement photo at the time). We're also buying them a wedding album after the fact and we bought our Moms Vera clutches.

I don't think we're giving our readers gifts other than the OOT gift bag and a TY. We are inviting them to the RD. 
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards