Honeymoon Discussions

Don't know where to start

my fiancé and I are looking for a secluded adventure. Hes really into adventure and I like being able to have room service and a romantic type place. We aren't big partiers and don't drink much but interested in all inclusive, and want something a bit secluded. Our budget is around $6k. Any ideas or experiences of Caribbean or Belize or Bahamas or something like that... Thanks!

Re: Don't know where to start

• We were looking into Aruba but chose Cozumel. But either one of those may fit your taste. We used richard silva from fantasy vacations. He was able to get us really good deals
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    We also had no idea where to start, so we went to AAA. We spoke with a travel agent and told her what we wanted out of a honeymoon - and what we didn't want - and she suggested some destinations that she thought would best fit our style. We whittled it down to a smaller list: Turks & Caicos, Grenada, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Jamaica... We crossed Costa Rica off of our list because we didn't think we'd have enough time to do everything that we wanted to do there, but it sounds like that could be a good bet for you guys. I've also heard AMAZING things about Belize. I asked our travel agent about Belize in an email and she kind of glazed over it. (Now that I think about it, I never really did get a straight answer. I'll have to email her again.) The great thing about travel agents (at least the ones at AAA) is that they work on commission and the resorts pay them for booking clients there, so the service is free to us. She priced out the cost of a trip to 2-3 different resorts in each of those locations above that included round-trip airfare to and from our airport, transport to and from the resort/airport, accomodations and taxes. Very helpful in terms of figuring out our budget!

I'm not saying that this is how you should book your honeymoon (it may end up being more expensive through a TA - I don't know, we haven't booked anything yet), but it may be a good way to help narrow down the location, or add a place to your list that you maybe hadn't even thought of before!!

I'm sure wherever you end up going will be fantastic! Good luck!
  • Belieze fits both of your needs.  there's a great resort with bungalo type tree houses & great room service plus tons of things to go as adventures.  They have great diving. DH & I went river tubing through a series of caves.  There is hiking & ziplining. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards