Connecticut

Recommended Florist in Old Essex Area

Hey Knotties - Well we have picked the place "Copper Beech Inn, in Ivoryton, CT" and know I am looking for recommendations on a reasonably price florist. 

Does anyone have suggestions?  The Inn recommended "Elements Florist" has anyone used them before?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Recommended Florist in Old Essex Area

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used Elements Florist.  And "reasonably priced" could mean literally anything - it depends on the type of flowers you want, the size of the arrangements, and what is "reasonable" to you!

However, I found my florist, Christine of Azalea Floral Design, to be truly fantastic, and she is working well within our budget, giving us more than we even asked for!  She's delivering to our venue in Groton, CT, which isn't too far from Essex and Ivoryton.

Anniversary

• RNJadeRNJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using the Saybrook Flower Shop in Old Saybrook CT which isn't far from Ivoryton. They will work with your budget! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lfreeman24lfreeman24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a meeting schedule with Elements next weekend. She was great on the phone and seems willing to work with any budget. I've seen some of her work on my photographer's blog and really liked it.

I've also heard good things about Ashleigh's Garden in Centerbrook. Meeting with her as well next weekend, stay tuned!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • erinlc133erinlc133 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would be interested in what you find out - would you mind me asking who are you using for a photographer?

edited December 2011
    I'll definitely let you know after the weekend. I'm also meeting with Hana Floral , but I think she's a bit pricier than the other two. 

I'm using Uplift Photography. She's located in Danbury. I fell in love with her work, and her when I started emailing with her. She's priced a little bit higher (not too much all things considered)  depending on what you're looking for, but for me I  loved her work so much more than others I saw that I was willing to pay it! 

her facebook page also has a good sampling of her work. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    erinlc - if you're looking for photographers who will work weddings in the area, I highly recommend mine!  Alexis Stein Photography - they're an incredibly talented husband-and-wife team (just got married this month!) and even though they're based in Long Island, they only charge a very small travel fee.  It was still over $1000 less than other photographers in the area, and more than $2000 less than other photographers that I liked!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011

My florist is out of mystic, IDK if she can travel to essex or not but I'll tell you it's worth asking becasue her price is really reasonable. Google Flora Flora out of Mystic, her name is Jessica.

edited December 2011
    Erinlc133 you have a pm!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards