Connecticut

Tented Wedding Venues in CT - HELP!

Hi All!

My fiance and I are looking to have an outdoor tented wedding on a budget! Does anyone have any ideas of great, affordable places in CT or nearby? We need help!!!

Re: Tented Wedding Venues in CT - HELP!

• kate9461kate9461 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi All!

My fiance and I are looking to have an outdoor tented wedding on a budget! Does anyone have any ideas of great, affordable places in CT or nearby? We need help!!!

• sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might try the local board.

This is an international board

Link to the left.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what part of CT you're interested in but...
    We had our wedding at Mystic Seaport and also rented out the North Lawn. It's gorgeous!  The North Lawn can also be rented by itself...with tent, etc.

http://www.mysticseaport.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=12EE9544-65B8-D398-7452CA6817430D91

Good luck!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    some of the vineyards in CT do them.  i know Hopkins in Warren & Jonathan Edwards in N. Stonington both do tents...although i'm not sure about pricing.  hth!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're wanting to do a tented wedding because you think it'll be cheaper, you're probably wrong.  All the details involved in getting a tented wedding usually makes it more expensive.  Chair and table rentals, separate caterer, linens, fans/heaters depending on the season, lighting, and then the dreaded port-o-potties if it's not near accessible bathrooms... all those things add up quick!

So if you're thinking of having an inexpensive wedding by the water, your best bet is to look into venues that are all inclusive (or at least include catering, tables/chairs, and linens, with accessible bathrooms), like Waters Edge.  I'm not sure what your budget is but that might be of interest.  A lot of girls like Mystic Seaport, too.  There's also a lighthouse place that I'm forgetting right now that looks beautiful and you can have your reception right next to a carousel with a view of the beach - so cool! I'm getting married at Branford House, and though it's reasonably priced for what it offers, it's probably not a budget venue since you have to hire an outside caterer separate from the venue rental.

If you simply want to get married by the water, let us know what part of CT you're thinking of and an approximate budget and we can help point you in the right direction!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Wickham Park. They offer tented options and you can choose from a few different caterers in different price ranges.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tented-wedding-venues-ct?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:a637ddc6-8a16-4c2f-b279-e9eb5c422382Post:42633308-74b7-4a14-a13f-55f1c1c82088">Re: Tented Wedding Venues in CT - HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're wanting to do a tented wedding because you think it'll be cheaper, you're probably wrong.  All the details involved in getting a tented wedding usually makes it more expensive.  Chair and table rentals, separate caterer, linens, fans/heaters depending on the season, lighting, and then the dreaded port-o-potties if it's not near accessible bathrooms... all those things add up quick! <strong>So if you're thinking of having an inexpensive wedding by the water, your best bet is to look into venues that are all inclusive (or at least include catering, tables/chairs, and linens, with accessible bathrooms), like Waters Edge.</strong>  I'm not sure what your budget is but that might be of interest.  A lot of girls like Mystic Seaport, too.  There's also a lighthouse place that I'm forgetting right now that looks beautiful and you can have your reception right next to a carousel with a view of the beach - so cool! I'm getting married at Branford House, and though it's reasonably priced for what it offers, it's probably not a budget venue since you have to hire an outside caterer separate from the venue rental. If you simply want to get married by the water, let us know what part of CT you're thinking of and an approximate budget and we can help point you in the right direction!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

If you are set on a tented wedding, Water's Edge does not allow tents. As for suggestions, I'm not really sure because I didn't even look into it.
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tented-wedding-venues-ct?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:a637ddc6-8a16-4c2f-b279-e9eb5c422382Post:42633308-74b7-4a14-a13f-55f1c1c82088">Re: Tented Wedding Venues in CT - HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're wanting to do a tented wedding because you think it'll be cheaper, you're probably wrong.  All the details involved in getting a tented wedding usually makes it more expensive.  Chair and table rentals, separate caterer, linens, fans/heaters depending on the season, lighting, and then the dreaded port-o-potties if it's not near accessible bathrooms... all those things add up quick! So if you're thinking of having an inexpensive wedding by the water, your best bet is to look into venues that are all inclusive (or at least include catering, tables/chairs, and linens, with accessible bathrooms), like Waters Edge.  I'm not sure what your budget is but that might be of interest.  A lot of girls like Mystic Seaport, too.  T<strong>here's also a lighthouse place that I'm forgetting right now that looks beautiful and you can have your reception right next to a carousel with a view of the beach - so cool! </strong>I'm getting married at Branford House, and though it's reasonably priced for what it offers, it's probably not a budget venue since you have to hire an outside caterer separate from the venue rental. If you simply want to get married by the water, let us know what part of CT you're thinking of and an approximate budget and we can help point you in the right direction!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

That's Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven :) It's really pretty--I'm not sure about their pricing, but I'm pretty sure it's not ridiculous (compared to some places!)
    Tented weddings can easily be more expensive, I agree it's usually easier and more affordable to find a place where the basics are included. You might want to look into Elizabeth Park, they have the Pond House where you can have your reception (it looks beautiful from the pics online) and your ceremony can be in one of their gardens. Lyman Orchards does tented weddings too though, if that's what you're looking for--really pretty place!

Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm in her boat a little bit. I want an outdoor wedding, on a budget, but I want my family to cook. I don't want to pay for a caterer. The problem with most of these places is they come with caterers and if they don't they are still just as expensive as the other places WITH caterers. We are looking for an outdoor venue, non-catered, w/ kitchen access and usage if possible. It's asking a lot but we are trying to keep it simple and it's turning out to not be. Our biggest thing is NO caterer. Oh...we live in Connecticut. Sealed Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards