Connecticut

Beach Wedding in CT

My fiance and I got engaged over Christmas... we just started saving money for our wedding; we are planning on getting married Aug of 2012.
My dream wedding reception would be this:
As small as possible; close friends; Great food, great music... all on the beach. I mean sand between my toes, tiki torches and/or paper lanterns... all under the stars...
The only problem is that we live in CT!!! :(
Does anyone have any ideas as to where i can have my dream wedding? I'd appreciate all the help!!!
Thanks,
Debbie M

Re: Beach Wedding in CT

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Anthony's Oceanview? Water's Edge at Westbrook? Amarante's?
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • ttbeachttbeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at all the normal wedding locations and then our planner showed us some amazing locations, that we didn't even know about in CT and RI.  Though in the end we decided to pack it all up and go to FL for the beach we really wanted.  I know there are places.  I'm trying to remember a few of the places. Let me go look through my paperwork and see what I have left.   CONGRATULATIONS by the way.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you should look at Penfield Pavilion in Fairfield.  It's literally on the beach and very casual.  They do book up very far in advance, and have a lot of dumb rules, but i know you can bring in all your own vendors, and i dont think they have a minimum # of ppl required, either.

• edited December 2011

Waterfront Weddings- Ocean, Lakes, Rivers, Ponds:

Brookfield, CT- www.thecandlewoodinn.com/index.cfm" target="new">Candlewood Inn- Candlewood Lake Road, Brookfield, CT. Lakeside ceremony. Gazebo. Romantic sunsets. Up to 300 people. (203) 775-4517
    Burlington, CT- www.marinellissupperclub.com/" target="new">Marinelli's Supper Club, 175 Monce Road, Burlington, CT.   Lakeside setting, full deck, gazebo for outdoor wedding ceremonies. (860) 673-0406
    Danbury, CT - www.alc-catering.com/" target="new">Anthony's Lake Club, Christopher Columbus Ave, Danbury, CT. Gazebo lake side deck for ceremony. (203) 792-4100
    East Lyme, CT- www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325256" target="new">Rocky Neck State Park244 West Main Street (Route 156), East Lyme, CT. White, crescent-shaped beach.  Oceanfront ceremony.  Reception in the park’s "sophisticated-rustic" stone pavilion with massive fireplace. Rental is $2,200 for five hours and includes the use of tables and chairs. Rental is available Memorial Day through Columbus Day. (860) 739-5471.
    Farmington, CT- Apricots Restaurant, Farmington, CT. 20 - 125 guests. Ceremony can be on a patio overlooking the Farmington River.  Three dining rooms. Dance in the trolley room.   860-673-5405
    Groton, CT- www.branford.uconn.edu/" target="new">The Branford House, UConn, Avery Point Campus, 1084 Shennecossett Rd,
    Groton, CT.  Newport-style mansion with water views.  Outdoor ceremony overlooking the Sound, or indoors.  Fireplaces, ballroom, patio. Up to 200 seated guests.  Or rent tent on the lawn.  860-405-9072
    Guilford, CT- www.jordancaterers.com/venues/gyc_setting.shtml" target="new">The Guilford Yacht Club, 379 New Whitfield St, Guilford, CT.   Spectacular views of Long Island Sound. Ceremonies can be held on the lawn. Terrace for cocktails.  Ballroom reception.  Packages start at $90 per person. Facility rental starts at $1,500. Capacity 300 standing, 200 seated, |400 tented. (203) 453-5651
    Hartford, CT- www.riverfront.org/index.php/boathouse/boathouse/" target="new">Greater Hartford Jaycees Community Boathouse,  Hartford, CT.  Waterfront. Outdoor ceremony on the patio, reception in the boathouse.  Overlooks Connecticut River and Hartford skyline. Park setting. Tent rental. A one-of-a-kind location! (860) 713-3131 x23
    Lakeville, CT- www.interlakeninn.com/weddings/weddings2.html" target="new">Interlaken Inn, 74 Interlaken Road, Route 112, Lakeville, CT.   Lakeside resort in the foothills of the Berkshires. Outdoor ceremonies. Pavilion surrounded by gardens and atrium for dinner and dancing. Beautiful fall foliage for an autumn wedding. 100 person minimum. (860) 435-9878 or (800) 222-2909
    Litchfield, CT- La Cupola Ristorante & Inn, 637 Bantam Rd, Litchfield, CT. Gardens.  Intimate dining room (up to 35 people), or larger room for 100-200 guests, or tented reception by the pond.  (860) 567-3326
    Middletown, CT- www.pavilion-catering.com/" target="new">The Pavilion on Crystal Lake144 Prout Hill Road, Middletown, CT.
    Rustic lake front banquet catering facility with  ceremony gazebo. Pavilion seats up to 220 guests for dinner and dancing.  Minimum 125 guests.  860-347-7171
    Milford, CT- Great River Golf Club, 130 Coram Lane • Milford, CT. Small or large groups. Ballroom or outdoor tent overlooking the river. (203) 876-8051
    Monroe, CT -www.waterviewcatering.com/index.cfm" target="new">The Waterview, 215 Roosevelt Dr,  Monroe, CT  Gardens for ceremonies, fountain, trellises, panoramic water views of Lake Zoar.  Grand Ballroom reception.  100 up to 900 guests. 203 261-0915
    Mystic, CT- www.mysticseaport.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=12B663D4-65B8-D398-72D1C9880AF5744E" target="new">Mystic Seaport, 75 Greenmanville Ave, Mystic, CT.   Waterside, with wonderful New England charm.  Have your ceremony on the North Lawn. Tented or untented.  Receptions up to 600 people. (860) 572-0711
    New Haven, CT- www.amarantes.com/" target="new">Amarante’s Sea Cliff, 62 Cove St, New Haven, CT.  Lovely oceanside setting with gazebo for your ceremony.  Water-side deck, inn, romantic ballroom.  Call (203) 467-2531
    New Haven, CT-Anthony's Ocean View, 450 Lighthouse Rd, New  Haven, CT.  Ceremony and reception. Get married right on the beach, or in a garden gazebo.  Ballroom. New Haven harbor and sunset views.  (203) 469-9010
    New Haven, CT- www.cityofnewhaven.com/Parks/ParksInformation/lighthousepoint.asp" target="new">Lighthouse Point Park Carousel, 2 Lighthouse Point Road, New Haven, CT.  Have your ceremony right on the beach, and your reception in the historic carousel building. Romantic, magical, fairy tale setting.  Carousel rides for your guests.  Lighthouse.  Sunsets. Time it right, and you can even see 4th of July fireworks across the water!  Rental costs average under $3,000. Available from April 1 to Nov. 1 (not heated). Tables and chairs for up to 240 guests. Call (203) 946-8327
    New London, CT- www.lighthouseinn-ct.com/" target="new">Lighthouse Inn Resort and Conference Center, 6 Guthrie Place New London, CT.  Gazebo on the lawn for ceremonies. Gardens, private beach, flagstone patio for cocktails.  Reception in the Mediterranean-style mansion (marble fireplaces, ocean views) up to 175 guests, or a tent on the lawn.  (860) 443-8411.
    New Preston, CT- www.bouldersinn.com/" target="new">The Boulders, East Shore Road (Rte. 45), New Preston, CT.  Dutch Colonial Mansion.  Ceremony overlooking Lake Waramaug.  Romantic reception in the mansion.  Up to 50 people.  800-455-1565 or 860-868-0541
    Old Lyme CT - www.beeandthistleinn.com/weddings.htm" target="new">Bee and Thistle Inn - 100 Lyme St., Old Lyme.  A romantic country inn. Garden overlooking the Lieutenant River.  Use of tent plus the inn.  Minimum 40 guests- maximum 130 guests, June through September.  Available for fewer than 40 guests off-season. (860) 434-1667
    Old Saybrook, CT- www.saybrook.com/weddings/" target="new">Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, 2 Bridge Street, Old Saybrook, CT. Start with an outdoor ceremony on the garden terrace just one step above the inn's 125-slip marina.  Move right into the ballroom for your reception. Up to 240 guests. (860) 395-2000
    South Windsor, CT- The Mill on the River, 989 Ellington Road ,South Windsor, CT.  Romantic, rustic, cozy inn. Mill pond, fountain, and waterfall, gazebo, lawn, perennial gardens, wooden promenade, atrium. Up to 150 guests. (860) 289-7929, (888) 344-4414
    Stonington, CT- Stonington Meadows , 769 Stonington Road, Route 1 Stonington, CT.  Banquet/Reception Hall.  Outdoor ceremony.  Ballroom reception.  Up to 250 guests. (860) 572-1111
    Waterford, CT- www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325214" target="new">Eolia Mansion at Harkness Memorial State Park, 275 Great Neck Road,
    Waterford, CT. 
    Restored Italian villa. Have your ceremony on the exquisite grounds and gardens or outdoor amphitheater, and your reception in an elegant mansion. Tent for up to 150 guests.  Dance the night away on the terrace! Rental is $3,850 for five hours and includes use of a tent, tables and chairs, available March 1 through Dec. 23. Or have a simple wedding ceremony, right on the beach.  Call (860) 443-5725.
    Westbrook, CT- www.watersedge-resort.com/" target="new">Water's Edge Resort & Spa, 1525 Boston Post Road, Westbrook, CT. This shoreline resort has outdoor garden terraces and lawns for your ceremony, a ballroom with panoramic ocean views for your reception. Up to 220 guests.  (860) 399-5901/(800) 222-5901
    Westport, CT- www.innatlongshore.com/" target="new">Inn at Longshore- 260 South Compo Rd, Westport, CT.  Elegant. Ceremonies on lawn with tables and tents. Grand Ballroom receptions. up to 280 guests.  (203) 226-3316.
    Wolcott, CT- www.mahanscatering.com/ordereze/default.htm" target="new">Mahan's Lakeview Fine Catering, 15 Grilley Rd, Wolcott, CT.  New England countryside, pond, 25' gazebo and waterfall for outdoor ceremonies, wishing well, chapel. Full wedding packages.   (203) 879-9363
    Wolcott, CT- www.lilylakeinn.com/" target="new">Lily Lake Inn-  66 Central Ave, Wolcott, CT Lakeside, beautiful landscaping surrounding the lake, cedar and fieldstone gazebo, outdoor patio, fountains, stone walkways and fieldstone fireplaces  (203) 879-7000
    South Woodstock, CT- www.mansionatbaldhill.com/index.html" target="new">The Mansion at Bald Hill, 29 Plaine Hill Road, South Woodstock, CT. Beautiful gardens and grounds for your ceremony, elegant dining in mansion.  Rental fees for the mansion start at $2,000 for a Saturday.  Tent rentals available.  Ice sculptures available.  (860) 974-3456.

******** All info was copied from the link below, and the link I found on a previous post somewhere on the ct boards************

http://www.weddingministerct.com/connecticut-wedding-outdoor-ceremony-sites.htm

• maxxwedmaxxwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Jessa rocks!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welll.....yeah but a lot of those are on rivers or lakes, not on the beach.
  • jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Anthony's Ocean View. The ceremny was on the sand and outside but they don't do receptions outside.
    What about going to Block Island?
  • debbiemb20debbiemb20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, that is a problem i have encountered. Most places online aren;t on the beach. I had seen one place and loved it, the Madision Hotel, but they are re-modeling and getting rid of the beach part that is onthe webiste... :(
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep looking!
  • calimacknzcalimacknz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m looking for the same thing, and have looked at all the same places. Most places won't allow the reception on the beach, you have to be in one of their ballrooms. I really just want a barefoot beach wedding. 

(We're doing ours in August 2012, too) 

I hope we both find a place. If i find something, i'll let you know!!
  • lwn4cerlwn4cer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are doing the same thing! We're trying to rent a private beach cottage in Old Saybrook/CLinton/Westbrook area and if we can find one that fits the bill, hopefully they'll let us have a small ceremony right in the beach. Figure if we bring in our own vendors, it shouldn't be too expensive and we get to spend a week at the beach, can't beat that.
  • The Flower Girls specialize in creating beautiful beach weddings in Connecticut and Florida since 2007. Custom made arches and ceremony sites with exotic plants and breathtaking flower displays will make all your dreams come to life. We are wedding designers that tend to every detail with creative planning for the perfect worry free wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards