Connecticut
Options

Society Room brides who had their ceremony on site or nearby church

I am having my wedding reception at the Society room and debating on having my ceremony there because I am not sure if I will be able to do it at a church.  I am catholic I was baptized, confirmed ect but my fiance is a non catholic. I am looking into it to see if we will be able to.  We dont live in Hartford so I feel like many churches are going to decline my request since I am not a member of their church.
So my question is, were any brides in the same situation, did you find a church in the area and if you did have your ceremony at the Society Room who married you?  I cant seem to find anything other than the one officant they have listed on their website.
Thanks!

Re: Society Room brides who had their ceremony on site or nearby church

• Options
    I don't know anything about Hartford or the society room, but have some suggestions regarding the church situation.
    I'd call a couple of the churches, as long as one of you catholic, it shouldn't be an issue.  Some churches charge more to couples that aren't members. It's worth a couple of phone calls if you want a church wedding.

Hope that helps.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Thank you!  That's what I was going to do first, I just fear because of my fiance being a non catholic and the fact that we aren't members of their church, they aren't going to be too happy!  But I will try anyway.
  • Options
    @ssimpson please let me know how this works out! I have a similair problem (getting married at Bond Ballroom in Hartford in 2014) and unsure where to have the cermonomy. My Fiance is also a non catholic. Any advice/review from your search would be really helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards