Connecticut

The Golden Lamb Buttery

Does anyone have any information on the Golden Lamb such as menu and pricing?  I can't seem to find anything on their website.

Re: The Golden Lamb Buttery

• cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    It is amazingggggg. I was just there on July 13th. It is a set price for dinner and doesn't include alcohol. The menu changes but there seems to be things always offerd, duck, lamb, salmon, chateaubriand. Honestly it was one of the best meals and most romantic nights ever. I must admit I don't know the exact price of the meal but I know after our bottle of wine and dinner it was $250. My fiancé then tipped $100 because your server is with you all night. Not just dinner and there is only one seating. Worth every penny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I believe it's $75 / person before alcohol when you eat there for dinner.    I'm not sure how they'd handle a wedding but I have a feeling the bill will only increase from there if you're buying them out for a night.
  • I've never been, but I live in the area and several of my friends have been to various weddings there.  I can't help with menu and pricing, but I do know that they seat people in different dining rooms for larger weddings.  Several of my friends weren't fond of that part since they weren't in the same room as the bride/groom.
  • My fiance and are getting married at the GLB on 10/6 - contact Katie, she's amazing and incredibly helpful. Pricing is flexible - for us, anyways - depends on what you choose for a menu; could be anywhere from $65 and up. Menu is always served as a buffet for a wedding. Food is excellent. The farm is gorgeous and has a bit of magic. Good luck planning!
  • I emailed with them a few times and Katie is soo so helpful, They're also fairly inexpensive and you don't need to rent anything. (Rare for a barn location) We would have chosen them if it wasn't so far from our shoreline home.
  • I am also considering this venue. Does anyone know if they are flexible with having an open bar? They sent me their price list and $2.50 per soda is pretty steep even for a small wedding,
    Also I've heard that you HAVE to take a hay ride to the site. Is this accurate? And one last question do they provide a bridal suite ? We are meeting with Katie in a few weeks and just want to be prepared. Thanks for any help :)
  • I gave them a call and they eamiled me a price list within hours :) They are pretty reasonable ($65 per person buffett) but they do not have an open bar. They charge per drink at the end of the reception (Prices vary, but soda is $2.50 per glass:). My fiance and I have a tour scheduled and I'm hoping for some flexiblity with the drinks. Hope this helps !!!
  • We are getting married there in June 2012. The location is gorgeous and the no rental fees the price is right! I had a mild concern about the split rooms, but Katie can help you come up with a game plan to keep guests entertained and the night flowing properly. And with a smaller guest list you can do a plated meal. They are very flexible and start at about $65 per person. There are a few places on the property for the ceremony, and I think they offer the hayride to the location as a perk if you choose a spot far from the barn, like the pond or a tree farther into the property. They also have golf carts if you prefer, we had concerns about some grandparents not getting around as well on the uneven ground. I'd say, call Katie and set up an appointment - there's zero pressure, but you have to see the place to really appreciate it! The food is phenominal and I highly recommend going on a night for dinner just to experience the whole thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_the-golden-lamb-buttery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:ba2ad192-2c43-4de0-9e24-03049c1eebb7Post:de254d30-2ceb-4267-ba5d-86521de62bed">The Golden Lamb Buttery</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any information on the Golden Lamb such as menu and pricing?  I can't seem to find anything on their website.
    Posted by lmisiaszek[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sure you already know the pricing by now...but in case anyone else here is wondering...their pricing is actually VERY reasonable. Especially for the quality of food you get. I'm looking at this for my wedding and there is a package as low as 45 a plate...</div><div>
    </div><div>I also just had lunch there yesterday to check it out...and the place is amazing! Definitely considering this one for our spot! </div>
  • Does anyone know if they allow you to bring your own alcohol and pay a corking fee?
  • hI GIRLS!!! iM GETTING MARRIED AT THE GOLDEN LAMB BUTTERY IN BROOKLYN CT. WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE ELSE HAS OR IS AND WHAT DID YOU DO AS FAR AS DJ/BAND? ALSO AS FAR AS HAIR AND MAKEUP ANY PLACE NEARBY THAT YOU ARE CONSIDERING? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards