Connecticut
Options

dress shop recoomendations in lower Westchester or Fairfield County, CT?

HI. My mom is coming up from VA this week to go dress shopping with me. Because of the travel and I need a dress for this year, trying to fit in as much as possible while she's here. 

Does anyone have recommendation of dress shops in lower Westchester or Fairfield county areas? I'm looking for something that has a large selection/variety of affordable dresses, great service of course,  and onsite, but affordable alterations?

(fyi - with regards to "affordability", for me, I would love to find a dress for around $1200 (before alterations), give or take... so any recommednations of dress shop that carries dress around this price point and has good customer service, including alterations, would be great)

Thanks.

Re: dress shop recoomendations in lower Westchester or Fairfield County, CT?

• Options
    Sukrans In Norwalk and The Bridal Suite in Stamford 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You may not get the whole "experience" at either one... but both places have a nice variety and are pretty knowledgeable..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Marie's in Fairfield has a VERY affordable selection. Eva's in Stratford is also very affordable and the selection is very different from Marie's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_dress-shop-recoomendations-lower-westchester-fairfield-county-ct?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:ba7ce5dd-7ef5-442d-92de-5eaf5424025ePost:79ec8efe-58de-42a7-b5ba-561c069ff51e">Re: dress shop recoomendations in lower Westchester or Fairfield County, CT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sukrans In Norwalk and <strong>The Bridal Suite in Stamford 
    </strong>Posted by Lizlangevin[/QUOTE]

I used the Bridal Suite....they changed owners about a year ago. Overall, I had a great experience there. The seamtress can be a bit much at times but she does great work.

Sukrans is very affordable, but she can be a bit all over the places at times.

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I found my bridal and bridesmaids gowns at Julie Allen Bridals in Newtown. The staff was fantastic to work with and they are very reasonably priced.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_dress-shop-recoomendations-lower-westchester-fairfield-county-ct?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:ba7ce5dd-7ef5-442d-92de-5eaf5424025ePost:9487aeb2-881d-4b0c-9803-8fed8cd4097f">Re: dress shop recoomendations in lower Westchester or Fairfield County, CT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: dress shop recoomendations in lower Westchester or Fairfield County, CT? : I used the Bridal Suite....they changed owners about a year ago. Overall, I had a great experience there. The seamtress can be a bit much at times but she does great work. Sukrans is very affordable, but she can be a bit all over the places at times. GL!
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they changed ownership- In that case I was a customer under the old owners (as a bridesmaid)

..and about Sukran- I couldn't have said it better myself-but she pulled the perfect dress for my SIL and in the end everything worked out perfectly...(she was still in her older, smaller location then as well)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree about Eva's in Stratford.  While it isn't a huge shop, she is wonderful to work with, reasonably priced and includes alterations!! I got my gown there for my 1st wedding as well as my bm's. My sister also used her as did my cousin. When I went to get my bm gown for my cousin's wedding, she didn't charge me for it b/c my sister and I had given her so much business. I will definitely be going back to her this time around.

I had a horrible experience at Sukran's when I was in my friend's wedding.  She made me feel terrible about my body and yes, she's definitely all over the place!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Eva's in Stratford, Harold's in New Haven, and Julie Allen in Newtown have all been good places for me to work with! 
  • Options
    A new shop just opened next to flipside in Fairfield.. Dama Bianca bridal.. Really beautiful dresses :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards