Connecticut
Options

stressing a bit

i am stressing a bit. i have so much left to do and not alot of time to do it. how did all of you do it with your work schedules and what not?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: stressing a bit

• Options
    What else do you have to do right now?  You've still got almost 8 months.
  • Options
    I sent that too early.  I wanted to add that it does go by quick, but it's not so close where you should be stressing yet.  Is there anything we can help you with?
  • Options
    as a hairdresser in the company i work for i dont get much time off due to the fact that i just started at the company so i only get one day off a week up to the time that we get married so i am stressing to get things done cause i also have other life things i have to get done 
  • Options
    i am trying to find a cake bakery at the moment and a florist 
  • Options
    What part of CT are you getting married in? I'm working with Cakes by Donna and she's been VERY easy to work with so far. As far as a florist, I'm using LeFrancois in Norwich. I gave her my budget and she spent over an hour looking at possible designs with me. She's great :)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i am getting married in plantsville at the aqua turf
  • Options
    Have you considered hiring a DOC?  I am crazy busy at work and was feeling overwhelmed with organizing everything, but we were able to put aside a little extra money to hire someone to help.  One of the best decisions we've made.
  • Options
    dont have the extra money at the moment i just started working again about a month ago 
  • Options
    I think many of us here are pretty broke lol.  Well if your situation changes I'll gladly PM you the info.  We're paying less than $500 for our DOC and I can't even tell you waht a great help its been having one.
  • Options
    We hired a DOC too and am paying less that $500 too! SO much stress was lifted!
  • Options
    The girls on this board have helped me immensely in planning - their recommendations are gold!  The thing I kept in mind as I can't visit vendors in person since I live in Miami is that there is no such thing as perfect - I figured out my budget, figured out vendors who fit that budget, and picked one.  End of story.

Also, most of them will work with your schedule to find time to talk on the phone in the evenings, etc. If they won't, then you probably don't want to hire them since that's the only time you can really talk.

Good luck!

Anniversary

• Options
    I've done a LOT of my planning through emails. I've yet to meet my DJ!  You don't have to do wedding stuff every time you hvae a day off. Just focus on one thing, and try to get that done, then move on to the next.
  • Options
    try Cake Gypsy in Canton for the cake- she's been amazing to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just breathe, and get organized- I agree with hiring a DOC- huge help- besides that, i am lucky to have a fantastic support system during this whole thing so my MOH and some bridesmaids have been helping me with things, and my mom!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards