Connecticut

Songs!

I know I should probably post this under Music, but I'm on this board more, so I thought I'd check with my fellow CTers. Did you have trouble picking your songs? I love music, so I thought it'd be easy to find songs that had meaning to us, but I'm really struggling. :( Does anyone want to share what they're using?

Prelude:
Processional:
Recessional:
Postlude:
First Dance:
Father/Daughter:
Mother/Son:
Cake Cutting:

Feel free to share only certain ones if you want... just need some help!!

Visit The Knot! Visit Connecticut.Weddings.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Songs!

• I am having the exact same problem this week! I found some songs I liked... then I realized I was switching between country, classical, rock, classical, and disney. It made NO sense. )= 

So now I'm back to the drawing board!
  • That's the problem! We both love music and I love soo many songs that it's hard to pick just one. When the bridal party walks down we are doing cannon in d. Then when I walk down we are doing Edwin mccains I'll be by the vitamin string quartet. That was the only song I was positive about and it took me forever to find it! For the garter toss we are doing girls girls girls by the motley crew. And for our entrance song we are doing Frankie valli. I think it's called cant take my eyes off of you. But we are having a hard time with our first dance song! And I still need a few others and have less than 3 months! If I were you I would look into vitamin string quartet for the ceremony! Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm pretty much leaving ceremony songs in the hands of my DJ.  The only one I am for sure using is Marry Me by Train.  FI's cousin is a beautiful singer so she is going to sing it when I walk down the aisle.

First Dance: "I Won't Let Go" by Rascal Flatts

Father/Daughter: "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw

Mother/Son:  "Simple Man" by Leonard Skynard (it will be shortened though)

Cake Cutting:  No clue yet
  • I still have a ways to go to decide, but we do have a few picked out:

Processional: Rainbow Connection
    First Dance: Bridge over Troubled Water

For the prelude we're having some string players, we'll have to see what's in their songbook, but in general I like the Beatles 'here comes the sun', so we'll be starting from there.

I also really like Iron & Wine 'Naked as We Came'; Dave Barnes 'On a Night Like This'; Peter Gabriel 'The Book of Love'; Ray LaMontagne 'You are the Best Thing'; The Temper Trap 'Love Lost' (good for our situation but may not be a good song for everyone); Incubus 'If Not Now, When?'; Fleetwood Mac 'Songbird' (or the 'Love Actually' version); Beyonce 'Love on Top'; Tracy Chapman 'The Promise'...and this is all before my fave R&B songs. SO yeah a lot to piece through, but hopefully there are some good suggestions in there for other ppl!
    Photobucket
  • I love music too and find it to be one of the most fun parts of the planning process. Here are our thoughts do far... Prelude: You're So Cool by Hans Zimmer. love theme from True Romance Processional: Can't Help Failing in Love by Ingrid Michaelson Recessional: Don't Worry Baby by the Beach Boys Postlude: I don't know what this is First Dance: Either You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne or Thats How Strong My Love Is by Otis Redding Father/Daughter: You're the First, You're the Last, My Everything by Barry White We are uncertain about the other ones. I think my FH wants You've Got a Friens by James Taylor.
  • You guys are stressing me out! Lol! Prelude? Can someone explain the purpose of a prelude to me? I just picked processional and bride's processional... Is the prelude what the BP walks in too or to indicate that the service is about to start?! Yikes! We chose: bride's processional: Let my love open the door Recessional: Then he Kissed Me (the Crystals) First dance: 18th Floor Balcony M/S: The Man You've Become (gag) F/D: What a Wonderful World Cake cutting: How Sweet it is to be Loved by You
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:c213fd1e-8be2-4555-89a7-f08165f40149Post:bd83591a-ebea-4518-abff-4c37e15ade6c">Re: Songs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are stressing me out! Lol! Prelude? Can someone explain the purpose of a prelude to me? I just picked processional and bride's processional... Is the prelude what the BP walks in too or to indicate that the service is about to start?! Yikes! We chose: bride's processional: Let my love open the door Recessional: Then he Kissed Me (the Crystals) First dance: 18th Floor Balcony M/S: The Man You've Become (gag) F/D: What a Wonderful World Cake cutting: How Sweet it is to be Loved by You
    Posted by crnflkgirl75[/QUOTE]

<div>the prelude are the songs that are played while ppl are taking their seats. It's usually just softly playing music. (think: 'arioso' by Bach)</div><div>
    </div><div>Then there's the processional which is what the wedding party walks in to, and then the bride's processional. Don't stress! </div>
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c213fd1e-8be2-4555-89a7-f08165f40149Post:0a0387aa-6204-48f8-b1ba-97bf64e6c253">Re: Songs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Songs! : the prelude are the songs that are played while ppl are taking their seats. It's usually just softly playing music. (think: 'arioso' by Bach) Then there's the processional which is what the wedding party walks in to, and then the bride's processional. Don't stress! 
    Posted by Jaridds68[/QUOTE]

Phew! I was worried I had forgotten something huge-- I just told our pianist to play whatever he felt was appropriate, so I'm sure we'll be fine. I know him well, and he has excellent taste.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am also lost on songs.....i love the idea of making them so personal but now i am second guessing everything i pick  lol...

Prelude: not sure
    Bridal Party Processional: Feels like home ~ Chantel Kreviazuk
    Bride Processional: Marry Me ~ train
    Recessional: Finally ~ Ce Ce Peniston, Beautiful Day ~ U2
    Postlude:????? not sure what this is lol
    First Dance: We are man and wife ~ michelle featherstone
    Father/Daughter: I loved her first ~ Heartland
    Mother/Son: not sure
    Cake Cutting: Inot sure

i am also doing a different song for each of my bridesmaids ....and not sure on our entrance song :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prelude:  The Rat Pac k music will be playing while people take their seats

Processional:  Butterfly Waltz by Brian Craine with piano recording with accompanying live violin

First Dance:  Everything by Michael Buble

Father/Daughter: Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion

Last Song: Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Buble

Anniversary

• We are doing the typical Canon in D for our prodcessional, mine is the typical "here comes the bride song" and I'm not sure what our recessional is. We like the idea of doing the peanuts theme song!

Our first dance is " The Luckiest by Ben Folds Five", Father/Daughter is "Walk with You" by Edwin McCain, not sure about FI and his mother yet...I think we're cutting the cake to Yellowcard "Only One" (weird but we both love it), and we're still working out the rest of the details!
  • Music was both really fun and a pain in the butt! But I'm so happy with all of our choices :)

Prelude: I think our acoustic guitarist was just messing around
    Bridal Party Processional: Muse - Starlight - acoustic
    Bride Processional: Beatles - Blackbird - acoustic
    Recessional: Journey - Don't Stop Believin' - acoustic
    Postlude: nada. I think our DJ just started playing cocktail hour stuff (during cocktail hour we had our DJ play the first dance songs of the married couples in our bridal party/family)
    First Dance: Old 97's - question
    Father/Daughter: Ella Fitzgerald - Puttin' on the Ritz (special attachment for me and my dad)
    Mother/Son: Dan Fogelberg - Run for the Roses
    Cake Cutting: I don't remember
    Last Dance: Leon Redbone & Zoey Deschannel - Baby It's Cold Outside (we had a January wedding, the only day it snowed in January, it was so perfect).

Good luck! Follow your heart, pick things you like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards