Connecticut

FI or Mother?

Alright - I need to vent. Am I the only one who every feels like I'm more of a mother than a FI sometimes?  I love my FI dearly, and we've been living together for about 3 years now but sometimes I just feel like his mother!  I have to remind him to do everything and he only cleans when he sees me doing it and feels bad.  Then he tells me "well I don't know what to do with any of it because it's all your stuff."  Yes, because I do all the shopping and cleaning! Ugh - sorry just needed to vent...is it just me???

Ps.  I'lll probably feel bad later tonight and delete this, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FI or Mother?

• edited December 2011
    You're not the only one. I'm sure a lot of women feel like you do. As much as I love my FI, he can be the same way. Sometimes I have to ask him 5 times to do something before he finally does it. It drives me crazy. I feel like I'm nagging, but if I don't, then it seems like nothing gets done! There are some things he's better with than others, but guys almost act as if they're incapable of doing certain things on their own, like cleaning, etc. Ugh.
  • bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha I feel the same way sometimes but my FI is in denial!!  I'm not a neat freak but I like to keep things tidy, but he thinks he's a neat freak!  When I point out that his crap is all over the place, he tells me that's because he's given up because I leave my stuff out!  Then he'll go on a cleaning spree every couple weeks and be like "look, see me, see how much time I'm spending cleaning??"  Where as I just tidy up here and there daily.
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards