Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Travel agent price change

Sorry for my bazillion posts.

I contacted a travel agent who works through Apple. She told me she could beat any price by $50. On Friday, she and I found on Travelocity a package for the Valentin Imperial Maya for $2594. She then stated in an email that her price would be $2544, but she couldn't book us until Monday because in order to do the price match, she had to talk to someone at Apple.

Well she called me and left a message just now. Over the weekend the package price on Travelocity has gone up to $2680 meaning she'll take $2630. That's an increase of $86!

I guess I'm just angry because if I had just booked through travelocity myself on Friday I would have paid less. Is there anything I can do? I haven't called her back yet. Travelocity is the cheapest I've found. I've checked allinclusiveoutlet, cheap carribbean, apple, expedia, orbitz, funjet, and priceline. The next cheapest package is $2860.

Re: Travel agent price change

• Options
    To be honest one may think online vendors are the way to go with booking travel but please let me tell you A) If anything goes wrong you are stuck holding the bag.  You have to plan so many things why do a DYI honey moon?  there is too much room for error.  As for Apple vacations...Is this a charter flight? Because if it is make sure you get trave insurance!  I  have heard too many horor stories from clients that have used online websites.  This is the thing with flights the price is not guaranteed until time of purchase.  The best thing I can suggest to you is get a travel agent.  Wherever you book your vacation vendors usually have promos or specials that can be applied to existing bookings.  An online vender for sure will not do that.  A good travel agent will plus they have their finger on all the great values out there and can give you professional insight on destinations and properties.  If you are a busy person on the go you can for sure use email skype and phone to touch base with you agent. 
    Good luck with Apple Vacations they are something else!
  • Options
    Hey Veronicah- no travel agents allowed in these forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards