Connecticut
Options

Signature Drink

I saw on TV a lot of couples doing signature drinks for their receptions/cocktail hours. Is anyone here doing this? And do certain venues not allow it? I'm getting married at Saint Clements Castle and think a signature drink would be fun to incorporate.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Signature Drink

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this is accepted most places now and is a fun/cute idea. At my girlfriend's wedding last year they had one and everyone loved them.
  • Options
    megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm a St. Clements Bride and they do allow it!  We are actually having two.
    Green Monster and Bronx Bomber since I'm a Sox fan and he's a Yankee fan.

Just tell Carol what you are looking for and she'll make it happen!

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are! Our venue said as long as they have the alcohol they will make it! We just have to provide the drink menu for the bar and the ingrediants.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c6eaf12d-849c-4586-86b6-7892c786f4d6Post:315cad20-222e-423f-ae3f-d2c22278cb28">Re: Signature Drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a St. Clements Bride and they do allow it!  <strong>We are actually having two. Green Monster and Bronx Bomber since I'm a Sox fan and he's a Yankee fan.</strong> Just tell Carol what you are looking for and she'll make it happen!
    Posted by megbrooks2011[/QUOTE]

LOVE this!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Laurensara18Laurensara18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a signature drink and are calling it a "silvertini" because my FI's last name is silver. We are using bailey's irish cream, kaluah, white godiva, and a splash of chambord. 
  • Options
    Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:c6eaf12d-849c-4586-86b6-7892c786f4d6Post:315cad20-222e-423f-ae3f-d2c22278cb28">Re: Signature Drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a St. Clements Bride and they do allow it!  We are actually having two. Green Monster and Bronx Bomber since I'm a Sox fan and he's a Yankee fan. Just tell Carol what you are looking for and she'll make it happen!

<div>That is a fantastic idea! What is in the drinks?</div>
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a signature drink even though we had open bar because I thought it would be fun. We had a cotton candy martini and called it a Butterfly Kiss and had a sign at the bars describing what was in it which was vodka, amaretto, and pink lemonade.

• Options
    megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c6eaf12d-849c-4586-86b6-7892c786f4d6Post:efcb4b56-d4eb-4e17-8d02-8f677674aefa">Re: Signature Drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Signature Drink : That is a fantastic idea! What is in the drinks?
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
    The Green Monster is a Green Apple Martini and The Bronx Bomber is a Vodka, Blue Curacao and Sour Mix Drink.  No idea what it's called. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have seen a lot of couples doing this on TV too, and I think it's so cute...I'm assuming venues don't charge extra for it, since they have the liquor on hand already, so I figure...it's a free way to add another personal touch!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:c6eaf12d-849c-4586-86b6-7892c786f4d6Post:b2723287-f706-4f0a-ac2f-e00ff371b4a4">Re: Signature Drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Signature Drink : Thanks! The Green Monster is a Green Apple Martini and The Bronx Bomber is a Vodka, Blue Curacao and Sour Mix Drink.  No idea what it's called. 

<div>I might have to see if we can come up with something like this - I'm a Yankees fan and my FI is a Sox fan. I wonder if my venue does anything like this? I want blue and green drinks now lol</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're serving mojitos--because they're our favorite.  We were going to throw in cucumbers b/c those are our favorites as well but we decided to keep it simple.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do this only because we were doing wine & beer for our open bar, and it seemed like a bad idea to have a toast with a signature drink and then send people back to wine & beer only.  But I love the idea, I'd say go for it!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards