Connecticut
Options

Honeymoon Woes! :(

So this Friday I finally got the job I've been waiting for for the past year & a half.

AWESOME right? I'm thrilled but there's a downfall. During the interview they said they can't guarantee my honeymoon off! I do have insurance on the honeymoon and I could postpone if need be, but I'm bummed about it

I've talked to a lot of people who told me it's NBD and they are just telling you because it can't be a condition upon employment but seriously it's not like i'm going away for shiits & giggles, it's my honeymoon :( And I would totally take the week off without pay! AHHHH! So hopefully when I meet with HR next week I can show them the receipt showing I've already put out 40% & hopefully if I try to tackle it early I may be successful.

FIs bummed at the worst case scenario, but I couldn't refuse the job--especially if he wants to start looking to buy a home after the wedding..

boo.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Woes! :(

• Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That blows! I actually turned down a job because I had already paid for a cruise in whole with no refund, and they wouldn't let me have the time off. Couldn't handle the 2500$ loss.

I bet they'll give you the time off no problem...and if not, then maybe you can save some money and upgrade your experience.
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That stinks! Try talking to HR, and as you said, you did purchase trip insurance so at least you can still postpone it no matter how much you don't want to.  Seeing as how you've been waiting for this job for a long time, you can't turn it down.  I know exactly how you feel, I've been looking for a teaching job for almost 3 years so I've stopped planning around the possibility of having a job. 
  • Options
    jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on a new job!!

Sorry your situation is turning into a total bummer.  I bet HR will let you have the time off, but I'd definitely point out that you expect it will be without pay.

Hopefully it all works out!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your job!!!

It's still 6 months away, so chances are you'll be able to take the vacation just fine.  Don't stress about it now.  Just enjoy the new job joy!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_honeymoon-woes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c7bc1e76-ac40-4379-a20c-94291a5316e4Post:3f78a428-2843-4bb8-a260-18c198d370e2">Re: Honeymoon Woes! :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your job!!! It's still 6 months away, so chances are you'll be able to take the vacation just fine.  Don't stress about it now.  Just enjoy the new job joy!!!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

This! You still have 6 months. That gives you your typical 3 month probationary period where you typically wouldn't have gotten any time off with pay anyway and an additional 3 more months! Im sure it will all work out. They just have to say that at this point because they prob don't want to guarantee it just in case everyone else puts in for vacation at the same time and they possibly go by seniority? Im sure you will be fine though!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I had to postpone mine to 2 months after the wedding because I am starting a nursing program the week after the wedding.  It sucks, but I look at it as something to look forward to after the wedding buzz is over :)

I hope you can work it out and congrats on the new job!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards