Connecticut

Engagement pics photographer recs?

Hi everyone!!!

I am looking for a reasonably priced photographer in the central CT area to take my engagement pics!! :)  I'm new to this state, so I have no idea which photographers are good, or WHERE to take pictures, even!! :(

Any help would be most appreciated!!  thank you!!! :)

Re: Engagement pics photographer recs?

• edited December 2011
    Highly recommend Photology Studios out of Milford. We had such a positive experience with them for the Trash the Dress shoot. I believe their hourly rate is $250 but their wedding package includes an Engagement session. 
  • edited December 2011
    Are you going to use the same photographer as the one you hired for your wedding? Or did you not hire one yet? I think most photographers will give a package rate for your wedding that includes engagement photos. My personal favorites are Visual Obsession, Studio Foto, Eric Foley...there are so many great ones.
  • edited December 2011
    HK Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Claudia at Fabuluxe Photos! She has a great eye and her style is very fresh. Plus her packages are reasonably priced. Our engagement shoot was in NYC and she spent about 4.5 hours with us and we were so comfortable.

check her out www.fabuluxephotos.com
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a budget in mind?

We're using AE Stelzer Photography. She rocks, out of Boston but will come to you!!!

www.aestelzer.com
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd definitely recommend looking into wedding photographers first, because a lot of them include this in their pricing and it works out to be a lot more affordable (and a good way to get to know the photographers and get comfortable before the wedding) than if you hired someone separately.

Ours are based in Long Island, but they travel easily - Alexis Stein Photography.  We actually took the ferry out to Long Island and really enjoyed ourselves!  They are incredibly talented and very affordable.  I'm pretty sure their engagement photoshoot price is $300, and includes a DVD with all the pictures and rights to print.

Here's a few of ours:

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Russell's Photography out of North Have. Super fun & reasonably priced. 

They did our e-pics, here's a few for you to check out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whtara10Whtara10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Michelle Ferro. Go to ferrophoto.com to see her work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend Sassy Mouth Photo in Meriden. We are using her for our wedding, and had engagement pictures taken last month. All of her photos are absolutely gorgeous, and she is SO affordable. Her engagement sessions are only $150 (less if you book your wedding with her!) and you get hundreds of images with all the printing rights, etc. I have only great things to say about her :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • starlite7378starlite7378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much, everyone!!

I am just looking for engagement pics only, because we're doing a destination wedding and we already booked a photographer for the big day! :)

I'm excited to look at everyone's recommendations - and wow, your pics are all GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :)

thank you thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Eric Brushett Photography is based out of Hamden and very reasonable! Here's a few of our e-pics. He was great to work with!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • LandB2012LandB2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love HK as well - we did our e-pics last week, but are still waiting for the pictures to come back - can't wait!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • junebug19junebug19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honeysuckle Photography. Amber was great- we just got our pics back from engagement shoot. Her engagement session price is very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    most photographers will include a free engagement session if you book them.  
    abc
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tim from TAB Photographic! we loved our e-pics, and his prices are reasonable :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Eric Brushett photography www.ericbrushett.com

He is awesome and extremely reasonably priced!!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Catherine Fiehn she was amazing to work with and our pics are on her site!!  Got to http://www.catherinefiehnphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards