Connecticut

Honeymoon: Check! :)

First of all, sry I haven't posted in forever! There are a few other checks we've gotten done in the past couple months, but I'll post again about those soon. Right now, I'm just SO relieved. After searching like crazy for places over the last month (and especially this past weekend) we finally booked our honeymoon at the Sabor Cozumel resort in Cozumel, Mexico! :)

I really wanted to stay @ the Valentin Imperial in the Riviera Maya, but the prices on bookit.com literally jumped $400 higher pp in the past 2 days. Ridiculous... I still can't believe that!! BUT, FI found the Sabor Cozumel and it was our 2nd choice--and it really does look great. We're staying in the Exclusive side, so there are a couple extra bars & a restaurant that only "Exclusive-side" guests can go to--I think they have 3 swim up bars altogether!! We booked a couple excursions too--ATVs and the Xcaret eco-archeological park. Has anyone been to Cozumel? What excursions would you recommend? (Can we add things on later somehow??)

I'm just so relieved. This process has been really stressful!! Advice to those who haven't booked yet: book now. Don't wait...we did, and we got screwed out of that other hotel. Luckily this deal came along... but those rates skyrocket out of nowhere, so be careful! OK, passing out... goodnight!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon: Check! :)

• Omg congrats!!! We are going to Cozumel too!! When is your honeymoon? We are going to go horseback riding & swimming with the dol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry my last post cut off. And we are swimming with the dolphins. I also wanna do some kind of boat tour. Like in the submarine or the bottomless boat ride. All the reviews I saw kept talking about Roberto's. It's the italian restaurant at sabor and it seems really good. Plus I can't wait for our dinner on the beach. I'm so excited. Well congrats again & happy planning!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats on the HM check! :)

We need to book our flights still...ah I should get on that!
    Anniversary
  • congrats, awesome check!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Great check, congrats! 
  • Congrats 
  • Congrats!  We're looking into excursions in the Cozumel area too- probably going to swim with dolphins and visit some Mayan ruins. 
  • The ruins in Tulum were really cool!  I believe it was only a half day trip and totally worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Mayan ruin tours are amazing. I did a full day tour that brought us to two ruins, Tulum was one of them and now I can't remeber the second site. We also got an authentic Mexican lunch and a stop at a secluded beach before heading back to the hotel. Enjoy your trip!!
  • Congrats! You're way ahead of us! We stil can't figure out where we want to go! :(
  • Awesome check!!
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    thanks ladies!! We're really excited :)
    Whtara10-that's awesome that you're staying at the same resort! We're going June 17-23; my ticker disappeared and I just updated it lol. Looks like you'll probably be there exactly a week after us, crazy!! I really wanna swim w/ dolphins and go horseback riding too! There's also this trip where you can snorkel with sea turtles--sounds soo cool but FI thinks it costs too much :-\ (it is a lot.. but still!) The sunset snorkeling/sailboat trip also sounds really nice, and the Atlantis submarine looks awesome!! Does dinner on the beach cost alot more? That would be nice one night! :) Happy planning!

Ladies who recommended Tulum & the ruins--thanks! I def wanna check out some of the ruins also. There's sooo much to do there, it's gonna be hard to choose!

s_hazeleyes, looks like you have plenty of time, so no worries! Do your research now by finding out which places you'd actually like (depending on climate, time of year, things to do etc.) then narrow down which ones you can afford. Bookit.com seems to have the best deals--I bet if you book early, there are even better deals! (although I don't know for sure..we just started looking about a month ago). And def check TripAdvisor for reviews. good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards