Connecticut
Options

Rehersal dinner on the cheap???

Hi, I live in Milford and I am getting married in Branford.  Any good ideas on rehersal dinner places that don't cost a whole lot? Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rehersal dinner on the cheap???

• Options
    Agey310Agey310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hmmm, I am not sure on any of the costs but I would recommend that you contact Donovan's Reef.  

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could check out La Luna's in Branford but I'd go there for dinner first just to make sure you like the feel. 
    Good luck!
  • Options
    tookie1978tookie1978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually printed out some info on Donovan's Reef yesterday, and I will check out La Luna. Thanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that area, but if you're open to something that's not so sit down formal, you should look into doing a cocktail party rehearsal dinner.  We're doing that at Two Steps in Danbury (their catering company is catering our wedding too).  Basically, they do passed apps, displayed apps and a couple entrees/pastas at a station.  There are plenty of tables and food, but people can have more of a mingling atmosphere.  The price was literally half of what some of the sit down places were offering that we went to.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the reef or la luna.  I always found the food at both to be pretty good.  Maybe SBC? I lived in Branford after college and now im drawing a blank on restaurants! there is the chowder pot which has been there forever.
    Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    Ditto tanny- I don't know why I couldn't think of any places other than La Luna. There's a lot of great restaurants there-
    I think we've eaten at Lo Monaco's too. It's a really good Italian restaurant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Milford: SBC in has a back room away from the bar that's pretty nice. Gusto on Post Rd has a private party menu starting at $20 pp. 
  • Options
    herb0622herb0622 member
    edited December 2011
    My fiance's mother booked our engagement party is going to be at Donovan's Reef. I've heard great things about  the restaurant, and they have a variety of packages to choose from. I know they have a buffet as well as a sit down dinners. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how casual/formal do you want it to be? 

we did pizza and beer at Bar in New Haven for ours!  it cost like $200 and everyone LOVED it, but our group is the type that would have much preferred casual....
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had our rehearsal dinner at a local pizza/italian restuarant and paid about $15pp...this included chicken, pizza, pasta, salad, garlic bread, and two bottles of wine per table...ohh also coffee and soda...

..if you want something more casual..definately look for more laid back restaurants that do catering..

..sorry i cant help you on a location...
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    niko508niko508 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

you can try Lakeview Tavern and Grille in Branford.... they have a private dining room and outside patio. they are reasonably priced and make good drinks

Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards