Connecticut
Options

Ribbons and more

Hi Ladies,
My color is teal.  (blue-green....but more of a richer darker look).  Where can you recommend that I can find ribbons/material for the cake, to include in my invitations/menu cards and for decoration in the church.  Any local places or website would be of great help. I am having a hard time finding a close match.  I'm in lower Fairfield County but open to travel for my color...lol.  Thanks

Re: Ribbons and more

• Options
    edited December 2011
    first id ask your baker because not all types of ribbon can be used on cake - you dont want them bleeding chemicals adn stuff onto your frosting! otherwise, michaels has lots of ribbon, just not sure if its stuff than can be used on cakes!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I'm in SW CT too...my baker is doing fondant for my color around the cake.  I have to get him a swatch of the fabric sometime before the wedding and he will wrap the fondant around each layer.  Can they do that?  He hates using real ribbon because of the bleeding factor...
  • Options
    Tink8331Tink8331 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try mj trims in nyc
  • Options
    dom922dom922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks....I'll ask the baker about the cake. I couldn't find a match at Michaels, but will try some other craft stores for the pews, invites, etc...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Jo-Ann Fabrics or A.C. Moore up in Milford and Orange.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    will you be supplying ribbon to your florist and/or are they using ribbon?  If so, maybe see if they can order more to supply to your cake vendor.

good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I also had a hard time matching the blue of my girls dresses. I did really well at the Paper Source. They have locations in MA. A limited selection of items are available on their website.

Happy Shopping!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards