Connecticut
Options

string musicians in CT

So the church FI wants to get married in has an organist on staff.  They dont allow prerecorded music so my original choice if ceremony music is out.  I was wondering if anyone knows a reseanably priced string quartet , cellist or harpist in the CT area.  TIA!
"All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image

Re: string musicians in CT

• Options
    I was looking to this group.  They offer different price points for the size of group you want.  They were also offering a discount if you book by Feb 29th.  Not sure how much is 'reasonable' for you.  Maybe you should specify. 

http://www.goldenscrollsoloists.com/ 
  • Options
    I'm also using the Golden Scrolls! They are great, I can't wait.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    they sounds great!  approx how much were they quoting you?  I'm thinking $200 and under since I only need them for 15 min out of the hour.  I was going to start looking into SJC orchestra is these guys are too much.
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • Options
    I think we paid $200 for a solo violinist? I don't remember I paid it all off. Definitely contact them see what their prices are. I don't think the contact on their site works, here is the direct email: kevin@goldenscrollsoloists.com
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is what I received from them: 

CEREMONY-ONLY PACKAGES

String Quartet: $725 ($675 booked by Feb. 29)

String Trio: $625 ($575 booked by Feb. 29)

Violin/Bass Duo: $475 ($425 booked by Feb. 29)

Violin Soloist: $350 ($300 booked by Feb. 29)
  • Options
    We are using music students from the Hart School. I believe it is $325 and we are getting a violin and a bass for 1 hour.
  • Options
    what about music students from a local college or university?  I'm sure they would be less expensive, and have the talent required for what you are looking for!  I would look into Yale and UCONN to start, but there are also your CSU schools (southern, western, central, eastern) as well as UNH and Sacred Heart (not sure if all these schools have music programs or not, but worth looking into)
  • Options
    yikes thats steep!  they are almost more than our DJ and we have him for 5 hours!  yup definately going to look into SJC music program and UHart.  maybe even Trinity since its nearby.  Thanks for the help ladies!
  • Options
    the hartt school of music
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    ok so after much puttering about i found a classical guitarist and I LOVE her music!    Still a bit pricey ( $250) but it gives me goosebumps its so good.  thanks for the help ladies!
  • Options
    I'm a violinist and have played lots of weddings (and am getting married in a few months) so here's my two cents... 

If you have an organist and are trying to save money, just hire one violinist. It should not be more than $200, probably less as long as you don't expect them to come to the rehearsal. Ask the organist at the church if there's someone they typically work with. If you want a student, go with Hartt's Gig Line or contact Yale but I wouldn't expect them to be too much less than a "professional" because they really are professionals - most of them play weddings and other gigs (symphonies, etc.) all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards