Connecticut
Options

DJ Recommendations - Not Cheesy or Pushy and Reasonable!

Hi Ladies:

First, I want to say that everyone on the CT Board is so nice and helpful! :) You ladies are great!

I know everyone has probably seen a similar post before but can someone recommend a nice, not cheesy and reasonably priced DJ. Also, can you tell me how many DJs you talked to before you picked one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patti :)

Re: DJ Recommendations - Not Cheesy or Pushy and Reasonable!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you will get a million of these- but DJ Melee is a DJ that a lot of girls chose on here- and I found him from a recommendation from someone on the board! He is younger, reasonably priced and absolutely LOVES music. Once you meet with him you'll know you just have to have him for your wedding.

I also met with Sal at Powerstation events. Really great guy as well!! However, you can't beat DJ Melee's price- and plus the guy is just so cool- he was the one we chose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We couldn't get DJ Melee, but went wtih Entertainment Unlimited of New England - 6 hours for about $1000 including a basic uplighting package. Bob, the owner, was really helpful and quick to get back to me and answer all my questions. We were recommended this DJ from a former colleague who saw them at a wedding and then used them at her own wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using DJ Melee too!  We also met with Mark from Jamkat Entertainment, who has very reasonable prices compared to some of the bigger DJ companies.  We really liked both of them, but Jason (DJ Melee) was a better fit for us.

I emailed probably 5-6 different DJs before picking my top 2 choices to meet with in person.  HTH!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using UpBeat DJ.  We actually saw them at a really small bridal show at Wrights Mill Farm and talked with them and absolutely loved them.  They actually MC'd the raffles, fashion show, etc. so we were able to see them in action right away and decided we didn't want to look any further.  They are a two man team and for the full 5 hrs of our reception we booked them for about $900.  I would def recommend checking them out! And their website has their calendar of what is available right there so you can check and see if your date is available!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive heard a lot of good things about DJ Melee.. hes actually related to someone I know. Theres also Atlantic Coast DJ in whos located in Groton. Did you go to the bridal expo at MGM? There were a few dj's there who had booths set up.  Good Luck with your search
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A&B Entertainment!  Everyone complimented on how awesome our DJ was.  We had Dave Giani.
  • Options
    Katiee300Katiee300 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Big Daddy DJ! he's great
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Joe Polletta from DJ International. He was great and we got a ton of great feedback from our guests on the awesome job that he did. He was about $1000 and great to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cabreramegancabreramegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just met with LT Entertainment in Wallingford. Definetly not cheesy, we met with a few of them that were, lol. Seemed professional, experienced and real easy, fun consultation. My fiance hates most DJ's, haha- but he was even impressed. Just so hard to make a decision, we have some time but am too nervous to wait too long. I think we may book them. They also do photography which we are also considering.
  • Options
    denjen2011denjen2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Celebration Entertainmment DJ in Stratford. They are very professional and they made us feel comfortable from our first contact.They came highly recommended and now we know why. The owner,DJ Tommy, is very "down to earth" and tells it like it is. He didn't try to control our choices or push us into spending more money. In fact, we saved money ! We are doing our ceremony on site and they are suppllying the music system set up absolutely free! I'd give them a call if I were you. The website is  http://www.bookthedj.com/  Cool
  • Options
    kate212kate212 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    krys810- I'm soooo glad you like Joey from DJ International! We booked him a few months ago. Thanks for coming back and giving feedback!
  • Options
    @Megan Cabrera, are you getting married at Seasons at the Tradition in WAllingford?? We are considering this venue for our wedding and I saw you were looking at their preferred vendors (LT) and was just wondering about your opinions, etc. Just curious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards