Connecticut
Options

saltwater farm vineyard brides

Hey Im a salt water bride and wanted to know who else is getting married there and when. Im getting married September 23rd 2012

Re: saltwater farm vineyard brides

• Options
    Hey!! I just got engaged!!!
    ONe of the places I would like to look at is Saltwater.  How has your experience been in working with them? What have you in ballpark prices??
    Kim
  • Options
    RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We looked into SWF, it ended up being too small for our guest list.  Below is the info for 2012, they also have approved caterers that you choose from: 

Our site fees will rise in 2012 to $7000 (Friday)/$8500(Saturday)/$7000.00(Sunday) in season. There is a surcharge of $500.00 if the guest list exceeds 150 persons. Special winter rates are also available. The fee includes a staff member to insure that all runs smoothly as well as parking attendants; we also have 15 60” round tables, as well as a number of rectangular tables for your use should you choose to use such, as well as 150 chairs; we will, also, have available a number of banquet style tables.

Most weddings to date have taken place on the grounds, often between the vines, with the reception following. We have both a trellis & a chuppah available for use; there is an additional fee of $500.00 for an on-site ceremony. The site fee entitles the wedding party & celebrants to total use of both the interior & exterior spaces. There is, too, a loft/dressing room for the use of the bridal party &, also, a stage for a band. We pride ourselves on offering very personalized service to make each wedding celebration as memorable as it should be.
  • Options
    Wow I didn't know it costs that much for a site fee. Some friends of ours are actually on their website look under Catherine Fiehn Gallery (top one) I don't think they paid that much but they where just starting to have weddings there.  http://www.saltwaterfarmvineyard.com/gallery.html  
  • Options
    I'm getting married there on September 22, 2012!! How is your planning going so far?
  • Options
    its going well, we have pretty much everything done except for just the small stuff like favors, centerpieces, i have to send out save the dates soon. Decide on invitations. i cant wait! how is your planning going? who are you using for everything
  • Options
    Planning is going good as well! I'm so excited! We're using coastal gourmet, fun factory djs, and stems in west Hartford for flowers. Staying at the Mystic Marriott. Just ordered our save the dates but still need to find invites. Who are you using?
  • Options
    im using coastal gourmet, when is your tasting? dj melee, just for you florist, also staying at mystic marriott. Im sending out the save the dates this week, i got in trouble with the FMIL for not sending them out in sept, which i think was too early. I dont know what to do for the invites yet either.
  • Options
    our tasting is on Feb 18th, very excited to try the food. Where are you having your rehearsal dinner?
  • Options

We are the 29th of September at Saltwater Farm!

Can someone recommend what hotels their guests are staying at? My fiance and I have gone back and forth and he is pushing for the Inn at Mystic but Merrily told me it was kind of a dump, plus I think we want a bigger place with more amenities. 

Also, is anyone having a band? I am desperate for band and florist recommendations!

We didn't send out save the dates yet either; the venue is small and our list is huge hoping to lose of few of the guests with the later notice (as bad as that is).

• Options
    We are leaning toward Mystic Marriott as well.  I have stayed there before and it is really nice.  I have stayed at the Hilton as well, and while closer, the rooms are ok but the rest of the hotel is kind of a dump. 

We are using the school buses for the shuttles, haven't decided on the bridal party though, what are you thinking for that?

I will check out Just You - we spoke with Hana Florist and while they are highly touted, they were very pricey for what I was asking for (not much). 

We are having our rehearsal dinner at the Stonington Harbor Yacht Club - we have a large, rowdy bridal party and they have a seperate room with video and audio so we can do the slideshow and have a microphone for speeches etc.

A coworker told me to go on the knot but I was scared it would make me more stressed but I am so happy I did.  Talking to other SWF brides is great!
  • Options
    How are the prices for Coastal Gourmet?  Their website doesn't give much information  about prices but the menu they show looks delicious.
  • Options
    Hi!  I am recently engaged and we are very interested in looking at the Saltwater Farm Vineyard as a venue option.  I was wondering... how do you contact them if they aren't open for the season yet?  Did you have success with the 1-800 number or email? 

Also, I was curious as to any information anyone had on Coastal Gourmet.  They've been recommended by a few other places as well and am interested in pricing.  THe menues look lovely!

Thank you and congratulations to all! 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I am a newly booked Saltwater Farm bride.. date is August 3rd, 2013!  I am interested in connecting with other brides for referrals and ideas!

You can contact them through Merrily, she's wonderful.  Her email is: mconnery@elliman.com and she responds very quickly.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you for that contact info!  I just emailed her and hope to hear back soon.  :)
  • Options
    We just set at date at SWF for April 2013!  I spent a lot of time on the phone with Gourmet Galley yesterday -- they seemed very helpful and accomodating.  Was wondering if anyone had any insight in the other 2 caterers-- pricing, wedding coordinator, bar, etc.

Also -- is anyone having a band?  If so -- any recommendations?

Thank you!  I'm so excited! :)
  • Options
    Congrats on saving the date!  I ended up going with Coastal Gourmet, although Emily at Gourmet Gallery was FANTASTIC!  We just ended up having to choose.  The menus they offered were similar, as was price, bar and staffing options.  I just told both of them what I was looking for, and then compared them against each other.  For what we wanted, Coastal Groumet offered us more for the $$.  So far, I've only done the room block and now the caterer, but will update when I choose a and/dj!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_saltwater-farm-vineyard-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:daae2a80-80bf-458e-90bf-4356630674cePost:afa7c968-4f93-409b-b8a2-6ed52ec4906a">Re: saltwater farm vineyard brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just set at date at SWF for April 2013!  I spent a lot of time on the phone with Gourmet Galley yesterday -- they seemed very helpful and accomodating.  Was wondering if anyone had any insight in the other 2 caterers-- pricing, wedding coordinator, bar, etc. Also -- is anyone having a band?  If so -- any recommendations? Thank you!  I'm so excited! :)
    Posted by teammanta[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    We just booked for Labor Day weekend 2013.  I was totally blown away when I got there - it was venue-love at first sight.  We'd reached a somewhat discouraging point where we felt like we'd explored all the options, found nothing amazing, and were trying to choose between two nice-but-nothing-special options.  We checked out Saltwater Farm as a last-minute long-shot, then canceled all our appointments for the rest of the day - it was immediately obvious that this was the place.  Merrily and Michael are incredibly cool people and I'm so impressed with the imagination and taste in designing the space.  Paul who runs the tasting room is a lot of fun.

For any of the caterer options, how much customization did you guys find you were able to do with the menus?

Also, as an FYI for other brides, they do require that you buy a case of their wine, which I find exceedingly reasonable - not only do many vineyards require that you use their wine exclusively (at least for one color), but their wine is really quite wonderful.  For the current vintages I recommend the cab franc (I believe that's their most popular) and the sauvignon blanc.

Sorry for the gushing - I'm obviously in a major honeymoon phase with the vineyard right now and just so relieved that I found them. I swear to God, I'm an actual bride and the deatils above are true, I'm not just a plant who works for them. :)
  • Options
    Hey - we booked SWF for labor day weekend 2013 as well!! We are getting married that Friday, August, 30th. What night are you getting married? We have already confirmed DJ (DJ Doug - Power Posse, his wife Mia is great!) and photographer (Josh Behan). We are still looking into caterers - we spoke to Gourmet Galley and received menu proposals and we are meeting with someone from a Thyme to Cook this weekend. Have you decided on any of your vendors yet?? I am holding off on flowers and decor until the end - once I know what is left in my budget! We also have yet to decide on rehearsal dinner, it's crazy I feel it is so far away, yet everything starts booking up so early!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_saltwater-farm-vineyard-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:daae2a80-80bf-458e-90bf-4356630674cePost:3a339844-2f6e-4fbe-a9ef-5e2926730072">Re: saltwater farm vineyard brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just booked for Labor Day weekend 2013.  I was totally blown away when I got there - it was venue-love at first sight.  We'd reached a somewhat discouraging point where we felt like we'd explored all the options, found nothing amazing, and were trying to choose between two nice-but-nothing-special options.  We checked out Saltwater Farm as a last-minute long-shot, then canceled all our appointments for the rest of the day - it was immediately obvious that this was the place.  Merrily and Michael are incredibly cool people and I'm so impressed with the imagination and taste in designing the space.  Paul who runs the tasting room is a lot of fun. For any of the caterer options, how much customization did you guys find you were able to do with the menus? Also, as an FYI for other brides, they do require that you buy a case of their wine, which I find exceedingly reasonable - not only do many vineyards require that you use their wine exclusively (at least for one color), but their wine is really quite wonderful.  For the current vintages I recommend the cab franc (I believe that's their most popular) and the sauvignon blanc. Sorry for the gushing - I'm obviously in a major honeymoon phase with the vineyard right now and just so relieved that I found them. I swear to God, I'm an actual bride and the deatils above are true, I'm not just a plant who works for them. :)
    Posted by stabbycabby[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  We've been busy planning so I wanted to update with some people we've had huge success with so far for our April 2013 wedding at SWF:
    We're going with Gourmet Galley as our caterer -- they've been incredibly helpful in finding us rentals/florist/etc and in the day-of planning.

We just signed a contract with Groove Authority -- they are a Boston-based wedding band but travel and have played at the SWF before.  We went to their showcase in Somerville, MA and they were awesome, we couldn't wait to book them!  They are $5500 for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

We chose Jennifer Bach as our photographer -- she and her husband have been so friendly and helpful.  They're shooting our engagement pictures at the end of July.

It's crazy how quickly things book up -- we blocked off our rooms at the Mystic Marriott and the lady there said they were almost comletely full for Saturdays in July/Aug 2013... it's nuts!

I'm so excited for our wedding but also have loved the planning process!  How's everybody else doing? :-)
  • Options
    I am a newly engaged, soon-to-be bride with the "deer in headlights" look most of the time these days as I try and navigate the large and small details of wedding planning!! 
    My fiancee and I looked at 4 locations and absolutely fell in love with SWF!  We are trying to cut our guest list down enough to confirm that we can book our October 2013 dream wedding here (Otherwise we are going with Saint Clements Castle, which is nice too, but not the same).
    I have spoken with ATTC catering, and waiting to hear back from Coastal Gourmet and Gourmet Galley. I love the menus at ATTC and hope that I can figure out a menu that fits our budget!!

A coworker of mine gave me floral recommendations from her Mystic wedding--Thames River Greenery.  She said they were incredible. Another coworker used Flowers By Danielle and said that even though the samples on her website were not the right style, that Danielle was very flexible and easy to work with to design the perfect flower arrangements.

• Options
    Hey!  We booked SWF for Labor day weekend too! Saturday- 8/31/13.  Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels in the area??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_saltwater-farm-vineyard-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:daae2a80-80bf-458e-90bf-4356630674cePost:b70d28f7-22f2-42e0-9858-583a6e0db9cf">Re: saltwater farm vineyard brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey!  We booked SWF for Labor day weekend too! Saturday- 8/31/13.  Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels in the area??
    Posted by linds5388[/QUOTE]

We are using the Mystic Marriott, but the Hyatt Place looked really nice and were really friendly.  We just needed too many rooms, and the Hyatt could not garauntee as many rooms as the Mystic Marriott could.
  • Options
    Hello SWF brides!! I cannot believe our wedding is only 3 months away. So of course we waited until the last minute to deal with flowers and now I am feeling the anxiety. We do not have much money left in our budget - has anyone had a good experience with florists in the area that do a good job for a reasonable price? any recommendations are welcome :)

Happy planning everyone!
  • Options
    Can any Saltwater brides recommend a great hair stylist that will travel to the Vineyard for me and my bridal party?
    I've searched a few but would love a recommendation!

• Options
    Hi! 

I saw your post that you need a florist. I just booked with Branch & Bloom for my wedding at Saltwater next spring. Jillian was great to work with and had very reasonable prices. You should check her out! 
    I believe her website is www.branchandbloomct.com

-Gina 
  • Options
    Donna Jones Flowers 203-520-2209   Amazing and Prices are very reasonable. 
  • Options
    I am also thinking about booking Saltwater during the off-peak season - how was your wedding? Was the weather warm enough in April to have the ceremony outdoors?
    teammanta said:
    Hi everyone!  We've been busy planning so I wanted to update with some people we've had huge success with so far for our April 2013 wedding at SWF:
    We're going with Gourmet Galley as our caterer -- they've been incredibly helpful in finding us rentals/florist/etc and in the day-of planning.

We just signed a contract with Groove Authority -- they are a Boston-based wedding band but travel and have played at the SWF before.  We went to their showcase in Somerville, MA and they were awesome, we couldn't wait to book them!  They are $5500 for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

We chose Jennifer Bach as our photographer -- she and her husband have been so friendly and helpful.  They're shooting our engagement pictures at the end of July.

It's crazy how quickly things book up -- we blocked off our rooms at the Mystic Marriott and the lady there said they were almost comletely full for Saturdays in July/Aug 2013... it's nuts!

I'm so excited for our wedding but also have loved the planning process!  How's everybody else doing? :-)

• Options
    I am also thinking about booking Saltwater during the off-peak season - how was your wedding? Was the weather warm enough in April to have the ceremony outdoors?
    teammanta said:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards