Connecticut
Options

Trial Hair and Makeup

HI,

How much would you tip for the trial hair and makeup at the salon that will be doing your hair/makeup on your wedding day?

I am going to a well known salon and am already paying an arm and a leg for the actual day but also want to do a trial run of course which are expensive....

What is the tipping practice, the normal 20%?? I will have to tip them that much on the actual wedding day for me, my mom, and my 7 bridesmaids!!!!

Re: Trial Hair and Makeup

• Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i tipped 15-20% for each my trial and my day-of hair.  same goes for any BMs or anyone else.  you have to remember that your stylist is giving up an appointment to do your trial...if she had booked someone else in that appointment slot, she'd get a normal tip...

one way to lessen the cost to you is to let your BMs decide whether they want to have their hair professionally done.  if they get to decide, they also get to pay.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tipped my hair and makeup stylists 20% for the trials and about 30% for the actual day.  I also paid for my mom and the BMs that wanted to get their hair done. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards