Connecticut

Bliiiiizzzzaaarrrdddd

What's everyone up to in this crazy weather?  We went grocery shopping this morning, that was a battle... I basically ran in to get a few neccessities and FI circled the parking lot til I made it out.  Snow is a pain but it does look so pretty!! We're supposed to go to a halloween party tonight and I really hope FI decides it's not a good idea to be driving tonight.  My car is the only one with 4WD and I'm not super excited to go dress up for the party...
8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bliiiiizzzzaaarrrdddd

• eltar08eltar08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh i am so stressed out trees are going to fall on our house!  most aren't covered with leaves, but the weather said it was supposed to start out as rain and change over to snow later, not early afternoon!

Stay home.  You might make it there, but you might not make it back since it won't let up till tomorrow am.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LandB2012LandB2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ran into someone the other day at Michael's who was getting married tonight at the Candlewood Inn.  I feel soo bad  -  I can't imagine she was planning for a December weathered wedding! 

Hope everyone's homes are okay and please be careful - a few years ago we had a tree in town fall on a local families car.  So, please stay away from big trees if possible when driving!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jdboden73jdboden73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Feel bad for those getting married tonight. I am so thankful that my wedding isn't until next Saturday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we decided not to go anywhere... Well FI went 2 minutes down the road to p/u pizza because I made him feel bad for wanting the delivery guy have to drive in this mess... but now it'll be pizza, rum&cokes, and hot chocolate til tomorrow!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sitting at home, I baked 5 dozen cupcakes today, they're supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so fingers crossed that's going to happen.  Not to mention the Octoberfest soon to be winterfest party tomorrow.
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Boston and still waiting for the snow :(  All we've had is rain and some sleet.  Hopefully I'll wake up to a winter (fall) wonderland.

Stay safe everyone!
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Providence...no snow, all rain...all rain here in SE CT also. Hoping I have power at home in NE CT- at my parents for the night!
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    Up here in NH we are getting snow - not as bad as it sounds down there though! My parents live in East Hartford and have no power and trees and branches are going down everywhere. Be safe everyone!
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    I had to work tonight but my boss knew I was nervous about driving home so he let me leave early.  Plus the event I was working was pretty slow and drinking mostly soda so the other guy that lives close didn't mind staying.  My mom kept texting me calling me a "stupid girl" for not wanting to get a hotel room and stay at work.  I had a hard time deciding what to do because I hate driving in snow and my car is terrible in bad weather but I decided to drive home after my boss watched the news and said rt 9 was okay up until Middletown.  It took me an hour and a half to get home and I drove 30-40 the entire way but at least I made it safely and got home after we got power back (FI said it was out for about 4 hours).  It normally takes about 40 mins going back roads but I went the long way and drove slow.

FI's cousin's fiance almost got hit head on just driving less than a mile but he swerved and hit a telephone pole and the other car didn't even stop.  He hit his head and went to the walk in but is ok and the car is a loss.
  • jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_bliiiiizzzzaaarrrdddd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:dd9c0c47-2cbe-4314-8b2c-8fe77f5896a6Post:d63d58d7-ae56-4f7e-af7f-21090f76c946">Re: Bliiiiizzzzaaarrrdddd</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sitting at home, I baked 5 dozen cupcakes today, they're supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so fingers crossed that's going to happen.  Not to mention the Octoberfest soon to be winterfest party tomorrow.
    Posted by Vikki2pay[/QUOTE]

Do you need my address for that cupcake delivery? ;)

H & I were supposed to go to a Halloween party, but he worked outside all day in the freezing rain, so we bailed.  I made chicken parmesan and we watched Sleepy Hollow.  It was nice.
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope everyone was safe and has power...I still have power and i remember what it was like during Irene to be without power and basic necessities... anyone needs anything send me a PM!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OVER IT! No power since last night at 10:30pm! Left this morning & have been at my parents all day! DH has to work tonight but is checking to see if the power is back on! Boooooo I am not a fan of snow right now!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards