Connecticut
Options

DJ Melee

Hi, has anyone else had any problem reaching DJ Melee through email? Not sure if his email address changed? I know I could just call him I guess..but I sent him an email Memorial Day weekend and a follow up this past Thursday and still havent heard back.

Re: DJ Melee

• Options
    I usually post on his facebook page that I sent him an email if I don't hear back after a few days. I haven't had to wait more than a few days for a reply. 
  • Options
    Are you already booked with him?  If you are, log in to the client portal on his website and contact him that way.  When I sent him a message that way I got a quicker response because he will receive an alert on his phone or ipad I believe. 

Also, keep in mind he's in prime wedding season right now and is trying to get those playlists done for his upcoming wedding.  A long time ago I remember looking at his calendar and it was booked solid for June and July.  When my wedding was far away I had a more difficult time reaching him and when it was a few months away and on his radar he became easier to get in touch with. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_dj-melee-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:ddcb3774-f1c9-4227-b0aa-bbd1b28fd581Post:b889041e-04ee-4638-9bdf-f14e4fba8bd1">Re: DJ Melee</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you already booked with him?  If you are, log in to the client portal on his website and contact him that way.  When I sent him a message that way I got a quicker response because he will receive an alert on his phone or ipad I believe.  Also, keep in mind he's in prime wedding season right now and is trying to get those playlists done for his upcoming wedding.  A long time ago I remember looking at his calendar and it was booked solid for June and July.  When my wedding was far away I had a more difficult time reaching him and when it was a few months away and on his radar he became easier to get in touch with. 
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]

<div>With all due respect, people are ALWAYS making excuses for him and his poor communication skills.</div><div>
    </div><div>He's a DJ.  This is what he does, full time.  This isn't his side gig, this isn't his weekend job, this is his JOB.  What's he doing Monday afternoon at 1:30pm?  Thursday morning at 11:00am?  Probably not DJing a wedding.  So reply to your emails, KWIM?</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm not saying he's not talented.  Clearly, he is.  And he's very successful.  But I think it's silly to have to try half a dozen different ways to reach the man, and if he isn't responsive, well, I can think of at least 10 other talented DJs who get mentioned on this board who would be more than happy to reply to emails and DJ your wedding.</div>
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I am also a DJ Melee bride, although our wedding is not until next April I have heard and seen reviews of him being hard to reach. When he first set up the online portal he started to tell people to email him to get  their user name and passwords. I still have not received one yet, but I understand that my wedding is also next year, and he is in high demand. I would attribute that to why you may be having difficulty in contacting him. 
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I haven't chosen my DJ yet, and all of these posts about DJ Melee's non-responsiveness are definitely going to impact my choice!  I know he's affordable and gets rave reviews, but I agree w/ the above poster--this is his full time, there's really no excuse for it being so hard for his clients to get in touch with him.  All wedding vendors are busy during wedding season, but since they want your business, they find time to respond.
  • Options
    I wanted to ditto what Carebear said about the change in responsiveness closer to your wedding date. I'm getting married this weekend and had no problem getting in touch this month. 

I agree that we shouldn't make excuses, and I do wish he was better at communicating for distant weddings, but the man does have a 6 month old baby and DJs during the weeknights for other events than weddings. While this doesn't have to change anyone else's mind, it makes me a little more understanding of his tardy responses. 
  • Options
    I have to agree with DiLynn.  I get that he's busy, but so are all other successful DJs, photogs, venues.  He could at least take a minute to reply letting you know that he got your message and will respond to your questions/concerns by xx/xx day.  Having to post on facebook that you emailed him in order for him to respond doesn't make good business sense to me.  Don't his facebook messages/posts and emails all go to the same place?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_dj-melee-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:ddcb3774-f1c9-4227-b0aa-bbd1b28fd581Post:cc53cd5d-1a53-461e-99dd-7ec59c776a1d">Re: DJ Melee</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <strong>wanted to ditto what Carebear said about the change in responsiveness closer to your wedding date. I'm getting married this weekend and had no problem getting in touch this month. </strong> I agree that we shouldn't make excuses, and I do wish he was better at communicating for distant weddings, but the man does have a 6 month old baby and DJs during the weeknights for other events than weddings. While this doesn't have to change anyone else's mind, it makes me a little more understanding of his tardy responses. 
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed - my wedding is in 2 weeks and we just had our final meeting with him yesterday. He's been very accomodating as the wedding date approaches. Again, don't want to make excuses, but I've noticed that some vendors seem to prioritize by wedding date (my photog was the same way...she became more and more responsive as our date was approaching..)  I suppose every bride should be equally important, but maybe that's just how some vendors work. I mean, you have to prioritize somehow, right? I would suggest calling Jae and facebooking him. Side note - he told me his home studio was flooded by a broken pipe this past weekend, so I know he has been dealing with that too. Definitely call/text and send a FB message.  I know some vendors prefer that. My videographer actually told me that texting and calling is the best way to get him, as he rarely has time to respond to e-mails. GL!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards