Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Amelia Island Honeymoon

My fiance and I will be on our honeymoon in Amelia Island the first week of May. Does anyone have any restaurant or acivity suggestions? Anyone been there that has a must see or do for us to add to our list. We are getting excited and counting down the days!

Re: Amelia Island Honeymoon

• Options
    I've been coming to Amelia island twice a year since I was born, my family and I love this place : Are you saying on the Amelia Island Plantation or at the Ritz? Those are the two best places, for sure, but other hotels would be fine. PM me if you're staying on the plantation, I can give a lot of info on that : As far as things to do: check out historic downtown Fernandina Beach. Adorable shops and great restaurants. Get ice cream and some homemade candies and fudge from Fernandina Fantastic Fudge on Centre st. Arte's is a great little pizza place downtown but I actually think its better to pick up and take home on a night you want to stay in. Brett's is a nice restaurant on the marina overlooking the intracoastal waterway so it has amazing sunset views and pretty good food. The Crab Trap is casual seafood and a fun environment. You have to go to the Palace Saloon for drinks! It's got a great history and is really fun. There are over 400 nationallu registered historical landmarks on the island so if you have time for a walking tour it'd be worth it. Le Clos is a very cute French restaurant off of Centre st and its a favorite of mine. Beech Street grill is also really good. Salt at the Ritz is a fantastic restaurant but pricy. The Spa and Shops at Amelia Island Plantation are wonderful. They have a fantastic spa that I highly highly recommend. Great massages, facials and body treatments as well as yoga and Pilates classes that I've heard great things about. Marche Burette is a great deli and they serve lunch and dinner. Every Friday there is a boardwalk bash hosted at the Spa and Shops with live music and great food. We always enjoy going. If you want to deep sea fish there's a guy names captain Dan who is awesome. Can't think of his last name at the moment but if you go to the fish shop by the marina at downtown Fernandina they'll hook you up with him. We caught a 70 pound cobia with him one afternoon and had a lot of fun out on the water fishing. Pick up an Amelia Now magazine when you get there. They're free in a lot of hotels and shops and have great info on dining and events. Can you tell that I love Amelia? : seriously PM me with any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards