Connecticut

First Look/Wedding Picture recommendations

We are getting married in one month in Simsbury - we are doing pics before the ceremony and I had it all planned out.
1) City Hall in Hartford
2) Old Drake Bridge in Simsbury

I am in love with the inside of city hall, plus if it rains we still have beautiful pictures BUT just found out today they aren't allowing pics that weekend due to renovations. I can't believe it, so upset!

Any indoor recommendations in central CT - any outdoor spots? Thanks!

Re: First Look/Wedding Picture recommendations

• I don't have any additional recs b/c that's where we are also doing ours.

Are getting married at the Riverview, by any chance?
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Sorry can't be more help but it could be fun to think about doing a "Wear It One More Time" shoot in City Hall.  I know that first you have to think about your plans for the big day but maybe that could be something else you can look forward to if it's in the budget? My husband and I didn't wait very long to do our shoot (4 months?) and we loved it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_first-lookwedding-picture-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:e2793c90-a500-40e4-b972-465e8ef7a251Post:bb951cc0-b73f-41db-89f2-cdf23bd08c58">Re: First Look/Wedding Picture recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have any additional recs b/c that's where we are also doing ours. Are getting married at the Riverview, by any chance?
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

I am a Riverview bride...still making calls into City Hall. Also looking at the Old State House, the Capitol Building and Hill Stead Museum in Simsbury. Very frustrating with only 25 days left!
  • Elizabeth Park - you have to get a permit.  Webb Barn in Old (we got married Here) Wethersfiled/Old Wethersfield. Silas Robbins Bed & Breakfast in Old Wethersfield. - Beautiful

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards