Connecticut
Options

Simsbury Inn

I just got engaged and am looking at venues in the Farmington Valley.  Does anyone have any opinions on the Simsbury Inn?  Thank you so much for any comments!

Re: Simsbury Inn

• Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!!!

I went there to see it once as one of my options.  It's a nice a little place off of 202 in Simsbury.  Generally it's a very nice old style home with a character.

I went there in June to see.  The issues I have found:
    - They don't really have a separate ceremony site.  They just use this small cafe-like space behind the lobby for ceremony.  A very cramped place, no seating at all.
    - The cocktail hour is in their lobby area divided between two or three rooms, which I like but again cramped.
    - The reception area is downstairs and may or may not share between two rooms.   I think the dehumidifier wasn't on so it felt a bit musty.  They tried to fit too many tables in there so it's kinda hard to get around.

If you are having a very very small wedding (say maybe 50 people ish) I think that's just about fit and maybe some elbow room but otherwise it's too cramped to be able to hold a larger wedding.

I like the building but unfortunately the space isn't ideal.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I was at a wedding there a few weeks ago in their main ballroom and it was just beautiful.  The ceremony was held off site, but the guests totaled about 90.  The area for the cocktail reception (since it was SO hot outside) was in the hallway - but plenty of space because they opened the ballroom too so that guests could walk between the two.  The food was OUTSTANDING - great great filet mignon.  I talked with the bride yesterday and she was VERY pleased how everything turned out, so I would definitely check it out!  Good luck and enjoy the planning!
  • Options
    tammyo21tammyo21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Simsbury Inn is very nice and upscale.  The 1820 House is smaller and I think what pp#1 was talking about...old style home.  Most recently built is the Riverview minutes away from Simsbury Inn which has 2 banquet areas and beautiful grounds.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I really appreciate your comments!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just saw this post - our reception is at the Simsbury Inn.  I think the pp was talking about the Simsbury 1820 House bc the Simsbury Inn can hold up to 250 people in their banquet hall.  They are WONDERFUL to work with - and FYI, those prices that are quoted on their website INCLUDE the gratuity, cake, and floral centerpieces, not to mention the food, open bar, etc etc.  It's really a great deal if you are like me and don't want to hunt around for a caterer, baker, decorations, etc.  It's one stop shopping and the food is amazing, very New England style elegant.  Plus, they only have one wedding a day there (as opposed to Riverview) so you can choose your time and you're not competing with other weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would love to hear how your wedding goes and hear any advice you have on the venue.  They seem really nice so far so I think I am leaning toward the venue.  I hope that the final couple of months of planning goes well for you!

• Options
    kellyhazziekellyhazzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married and having the reception at the Simbury Inn October 29th of this year.  They have been amazing to work with!  They are incredibly accomodating and the price is great as somebody else mentioned because it includes so much.  The food is also wonderful.  It is definitely not cramped.  I am inviting a little over 150, and again like somebody else said they can hold around 250.  I'll let you know how it goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours October 30th at SI!  Haha :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards