Connecticut
Options

~Monday: Roll Call~

It has been awhile since we have done one of these & with a ton of new girls I thought it would be a great idea!!

Name:
Wedding Date:
Venue:
Fav Vendors:
HM:
One random fact about you:
I LOVE TK because....
PIP of your wedding dress:
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: ~Monday: Roll Call~

• Options
    JenMatt121210JenMatt121210 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Name:Jennifer Rulkowski
    Wedding Date:September 29,2012
    Venue: the aqua turf
    Fav Vendors: the pros jb sound production
    HM: disney world
    One random fact about you: i love horses
    I LOVE TK because....i love the knot because it has helped me in the planning process of my wedding
    PIP of your wedding dress:dont have one on hand
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CTJennyCTJenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Great idea!! I've been so MIA.

Name:Jenny N.
    Wedding Date: 3.23.13
    Venue: Fox Hill Inn
    Fav Vendors: Crista Acosta Photography (she's the only one I've technically worked with thus far)
    HM: 11 DAYS at the Westin Play Conchal in Costa Rica
    One random fact about you: I worry too much.
    I LOVE TK because.... It keeps me connected with people who are going though the same planning that I am.
    PIP of your wedding dress: Maggie Sottero, Antonia

• Options
    PaisleyCTPaisleyCT member
    edited September 2012
    I'm so glad this thread just started! We finally settled on a venue so now I'm excited to start posting :)

Name: Samantha

Wedding Date: June 21, 2014
    Venue: Branford House
    Fav Vendors: still a little early for us, but we're using Matthew's Catering and have worked with them for other events and they were great! Hope to keep the same thought once they do our wedding :)
    HM: Haven't chosen specifically, but it will most likely be in the Caribbean or somewhere along those lines!
    One random fact about you: I'm 4'9". Dress shopping should be interesting!
    I LOVE TK because.... this is the most posted on CT board I've found!
    PIP of your wedding dress: Don't have a dress. Still too far out from our date for me to start looking I think.
  • Options
    Name: Laura
    Wedding Date: 8/2/13
    Venue: Cascade :)
    Fav Vendors: haven't worked much with them yet because I'm a little less than a year out but I had a great feeling about Jane at Just for You!
    HM: Deciding between Italy (go go go hm) or an island (relaxing hm)
    One random fact about you: just got accepted to run the Boston Marathon on the Dana Farber team!
    I LOVE TK because....- I can ask any question and you girls always respond!
    PIP of your wedding dress: hoping to go shopping sooooon :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Name: Megan Wedding Date: 11.3.12 Venue: Interlaken Inn Fav Vendor: way to many! Melissa from Stylish Blooms has been just amazing with our budget & vision. Stationary from Tulaloo in Watertown, amazing beautiful STD an invites! HM: 11 night southern caribbean cruise One random fact: we will be celebrating our first holiday together on the cruise, Thanksgiving! I LOVE TK because I have been able to connect with other brides and buy some of their "leftovers" really helped save some money!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Past brides allowed? =)

Name: Linda
    Wedding Date: 6.16.12
    Venue:  Mystic Aquarium
    Fav Vendors:  Studio1923, Stylish Blooms
    HM: Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya, Mexico
    One random fact about you: I live on a farm.
    I LOVE TK because.... I won a Kindle on here, and because I got all of my best vendors from here.
    PIP of your wedding dress: Maggie Sottero, Saratoga
  • Options
    Name: Felicia
    Wedding Date: 11/11/12
    Venue: The Riverview
    Fav Vendors: Eric Brushett (photography) We just did our engagement sessions yesterday at Silver Sands/downtown Milford and the teasers he put up (the same night!!) were amazing!! Also, Bob from Entertainment Unlimited (DJ and uplighting)- great pricing and great communication, Amanda Rose (boudoir photography)
    HM: The Valentin Imperial Maya, Riveria Maya, Mexico
    One random fact about you: I used to competitively snowboard for USASA
    I LOVE TK because....Most of my vendors came from recommendations on here and brides reviews have been so helpful along the way
    PIP of your wedding dress:I go for my first fitting on the 29th, can't wait! But it's from the Allure Courture line in the meantime
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also a past bride!

Name: Carrie

Wedding Date:  6-30-12

Venue: Woodwinds 

Fav Vendors:  Studio1923!!! All of our vendors were great though

HM: San Diego for 2 days, Oahu for 2 days, and Maui for 5 days

One random fact about you: It took me about a month to actually like DH....so glad I gave it a chance!

I LOVE TK because....I got advice about vendors while I was planning

PIP of your wedding dress: (ignore the alien eyes)

• Options
    Name: Kaila
    Wedding Date: June 22, 2013
    Venue: Cascade, Hamden
    Fav Vendors: Eric Brushett (photog)
    HM: Ti Kaye Village Resort, St Lucia
    One random fact about you: I chose/bought my dream wedding dress without ever trying it on and couldn't have been happier with my choice once I did get to try it on!
    I LOVE TK because.... When I'm feeling spent or overwhelmed with choices on vendors or little details, I can ask away and get all sorts of opinions and advice from everyone that I never would be able to find on my own!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Past bride a little late to the roll call....

Name: Vanessa
    Wedding Date: 6/18/11
    Venue: Latitude 41 (River Room)/ Mystic Seaport
    Fav Vendors: Studio1923 (photographer), Jane from Just for You (Florist), and Peter Devine (After Hours DJ)
    HM: Hawaii (Oahu, Maui, and one day tour of the Big Island)
    One random fact about you: Just moved to Boca Raton, FL for the year!
    I LOVE TK because.... I knew nothing about wedding planning before joining!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Name:     Amy
    Wedding Date:   11.10.12
    Venue:   The Riverview (the day before Felicia!)
    Fav Vendors: All so far! HK Photography, DJae Melee, The Flower Girl, Jennifer Lynn Events, The Riverview
    HM:  Excellence Playa Muejers
    One random fact about you:  I am a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan!
    I LOVE TK because.... I also got most of my vendors here and lots of advice combined with entertainment!

• Options
    abbiecorwinabbiecorwin member
    edited September 2012
    This is my first roll call!

Name: Abbie
    Wedding Date: 1/20/13
    Venue: The Fox Hill Inn
    Fav Vendors: Louise from Floralium is like a florist, a conspiring friend, and a grandmother all in one!
    HM: Costa Rica? Belize? The Caribbean? That is fiance's job, and he is procrastinating something fierce!
    One random fact about you: I brew my own beer.
    I LOVE TK because.... It gives great ideas on what to do, and what NOT to do. And the boards get pretty dramatic/hilarious.

White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    Of course past Knotties!! <3

Name: Kim
    Wedding Date: 7/23/11
    Venue: Cascades <3
    Fav Vendors: King Vincent Storm, Jane from Just for You, Richie from Jimmy Dee Music (White Plains)=AMAZING, Music in Motion (uplighting), Donna from Cakes by Donna
    HM: Sandals La Toc (St. Lucia) <3
    One random fact about you: I am a Scorpio
    I LOVE TK because....I found alot of my vendors here and they really made our day amazing, I have also met some pretty awesome girls from these boards and remain close with them still, plus even though I have never met them...I LOVE my July 2011 girls!! 

CT Knotties <3

PIP of your wedding dress: LOVED my dress!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_monday-roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:ed66ad0b-3c5d-4abb-8734-004b916039daPost:5a56b229-6d18-4ecd-b70f-044fd8a78f60">Re: ~Monday: Roll Call~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Name: Kaila Wedding Date: June 22, 2013 Venue: Cascade, Hamden Fav Vendors: Eric Brushett (photog) HM: Ti Kaye Village Resort, St Lucia One random fact about you: I chose/bought my dream wedding dress without ever trying it on and couldn't have been happier with my choice once I did get to try it on! I LOVE TK because.... When I'm feeling spent or overwhelmed with choices on vendors or little details, I can ask away and get all sorts of opinions and advice from everyone that I never would be able to find on my own! PIP of your wedding dress:
    Posted by kheartsm[/QUOTE]

Gorgeous dress girl!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Name: Lauren
    Wedding Date: 09/01/12
    Venue: The Waterview
    Fav Vendors: Inspiration in Motion (videography), Stylish Blooms, Studio 1923, Jason and Vince from CT Party Pros
    HM: Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas taking us to Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten...leaving Sunday! :)
    One random fact about you: Pudding and macaroni and cheese are two of my favorite foods.
    I LOVE TK because....I found a bunch of my vendors on here and I enjoy reading through all of the posts.
    PIP of my wedding dress: My dress was strapless....

Anniversary
  • Options
    Name: Jess

Wedding Date: 4/7/13

Venue: The Woodwinds

Fav Vendors: All of them have been fantastic to work with so far. But if I had to pick right now I think it would be a tie between the Woodwinds (they have been super great with all of my questions), and Bliss Bridal. (Where I found my dress)

HM: 5 nights in Maui and 5 nights on the Big Island, Hawaii.

One random fact about you: My favorite color is purple

I LOVE TK because.... all of your suggestions are super helpful!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_monday-roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:ed66ad0b-3c5d-4abb-8734-004b916039daPost:49edc797-de3d-4d1b-ba9e-a0640cc348a7">Re: ~Monday: Roll Call~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Of course past Knotties!! <3 Name: Kim Wedding Date: 7/23/11 Venue: Cascades <3 Fav Vendors: King Vincent Storm, Jane from Just for You, Richie from Jimmy Dee Music (White Plains)=AMAZING, Music in Motion (uplighting), Donna from Cakes by Donna HM: Sandals La Toc (St. Lucia) <3 One random fact about you: I am a Scorpio I LOVE TK because.... I found alot of my vendors here and they really made our day amazing, I have also met some pretty awesome girls from these boards and remain close with them still, plus even though I have never met them...I LOVE my July 2011 girls!!  CT Knotties <3 PIP of your wedding dress: LOVED my dress!  
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

Kim! I love your July 2011 girls too!! :) Great picture of you all at your wedding. Sometimes you never know how certain things can bring you together and make a stranger(s) on theknot board one of your closest friends :)
    Its amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Past bride also (:

Name: Amanda
    Wedding Date: 7/28/12
    Venue: St. Clement's Castle
    Fav Vendors: Candi from Candi's Floral Creations and Dave from RI Video Pro
    HM: St. Lucia
    One random fact about you: I'm a southern girl at heart
    I LOVE TK because.... it really helped me plan my wedding more than I expected and I love hearing about other people's plans

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options

Name: Megan
    Wedding Date: 9/15/12!!
    Venue: The Barns at Wesleyan Hills
    Fav Vendors: All of my vedors have been great- Val Mccormick Photography, Epic Filmakers, Naomi's Studio Salon, Bliss Bridal (bm dresses), DJ Melee- I will be back with reviews soon!
    HM: Hawaii!
    One random fact about you: I am a corporate event planner and a certified wedding planner
    I LOVE TK because....I found a lot of my vendors here and the girls are great
    PIP of your wedding dress: Augusta Jones, Jessie from The White Dress by The Shore

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Name: Crystal
    Wedding Date: 9/15/12!!
    Venue: Hawks Landing County Club
    Fav Vendors: They are all great- LT Photogrpahy, Milestone Entertainment, Sharon Elizabeths Floral, Blades n Shades
    HM: 2 weeks in PuntaCana (halleluja)
    One random fact about you: My fav color is green
    I LOVE TK because....it has kept me sane through out the wedding planning process.
    PIP of your wedding dress: no pic :(
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    edited September 2012
    Name: Christine
    Wedding Date: 4/5/13
    Venue The Barns at Wesleyan Hills
    Fav Vendors: all are great so far...but def. our photographer Eric Brushett, Melissa from Stylish Blooms and Djae Melee... cant wait to work with them!
    HM: Haven't decided yet
    One random fact about you: I am running my first 5k this month!
    I LOVE TK because....all of the great vendor reviews and advice!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Name: Whitney

Wedding Date: 8/4/12

Venue The Barns at Wesleyan Hills

Fav Vendors: Jane at Just For You, Victoria Souza Photography

HM: We took a mini-moon to La Playa in Naples. We are going on our honeymoon next summer but haven't decided yet - hoping for Hawaii.

One random fact about you: My favorite colors are navy blue & pink.

I LOVE TK because....I found some of my vendors on here - Jane at Just For You & Naomi's for make-up & hair!

PIP of your wedding dress: Modern Trousseau Cara from The White Dress by the Shore
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_monday-roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:ed66ad0b-3c5d-4abb-8734-004b916039daPost:03f9b131-0afb-4104-bee8-2942cd8c1ed3">Re: ~Monday: Roll Call~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~Monday: Roll Call~ : Kim! I love your July 2011 girls too!! :) Great picture of you all at your wedding. Sometimes you never know how certain things can bring you together and make a stranger(s) on theknot board one of your closest friends :) Its amazing!

:)
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_monday-roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:ed66ad0b-3c5d-4abb-8734-004b916039daPost:03f9b131-0afb-4104-bee8-2942cd8c1ed3">Re: ~Monday: Roll Call~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~Monday: Roll Call~ : Kim! I love your July 2011 girls too!! :) Great picture of you all at your wedding. Sometimes you never know how certain things can bring you together and make a stranger(s) on theknot board one of your closest friends :) Its amazing!

:)
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Name: Carrie
    Wedding Date: 4/21/12 (past bride)
    Venue: Barns at Wesleyan Hills
    Fav Vendors: Brooke Allison Photography & DJ Melee
    HM: Sandals Grande St Lucia
    One random fact about you: Grew up and got married in CT but I live in MA
    I LOVE TK because....I found all my vendors and got so many recommendations/ideas from everyone

• Options
    Name: Marta

Wedding Date: 5/3/2013

Venue: Pavilion on Crystal Lake

Fav Vendors: HK Photography and Jane at Just For You

HM: Haven't decided yet... I'm actually getting overwhelmed by this one.  Australia would be my dream HM, FI wants to go to Italy... we'll see

One random fact about you: I'm running my third marathon in 3 weeks! (eek)

I LOVE TK because....I don't know what I would do without it! Found everything here, all my vendors to all my inspirations! What did brides do before TK and the internet?

PIP of your wedding dress: Quinlynn by Maggie Sottero that I ordered at Mariellas.  I actually fell in love with it online (before trying it on), and then drove to Danbury to try it on :)

May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image
  • Options
    Name: Jessa

Wedding Date: 7/20/2013

Venue: Carousel at Lighthouse Pt Park

Fav Vendors: Jen Strunk and Two Pour Guys have been great so far!

HM: Haven't decided yet... somewhere beachy and not in the hurricane belt?

One random fact about you: I'm a Crossfit convert

I LOVE TK because...the reviews are the most important!  To have other people how use the dame vendors etc--priceless!

PIP of your wedding dress: found it online!  no pics yet, Badgley Mischka lace sheath, new and I'm in love.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Name: Kristina
    Wedding Date:10/26/13 or 11/2/13 ( Depends on venue)
    Venue: Still interviewing/looking around. 
    Fav Vendors: Unsure 
    HM: Hawii maybe? Cruise?
    One random fact about you: Clueless to weddings. Never gave it a thought my entire life! Engaged for a little over a week now..GULP! Cool
    I LOVE TK because....Seems like everyone is helpful so far. Just getting into it!
    PIP of your wedding dress: shopping has not been done yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards