Connecticut

Card Swap?

So I know a lot of other boards are doing holiday gift swaps and I don't know how many people would be interested, buuuuuut does anyone want to do a holiday card swap? Send out a few extra holiday cards and get some mail? I know some people will be doing picture cards with wedding or engagement pictures so this might be fun if anyone wants to play for the price of an extra stamp and card!

Re: Card Swap?

• rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be interested...I love christmas cards :) I doubt FI will let me send out cards with pictures on it though! I wonder if we can come up with a neat idea to mix things up?
  • junebug19junebug19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be interested too :) 
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't have to be with pictures, just whatever card you planned on sending out for the holidays, send out a few extra!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm down!
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    fun idea!!
  • bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in!!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • wineo929wineo929 member
    edited December 2011
    count me in!!
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • wineo929wineo929 member
    edited December 2011
    ... I just realized my bio is New Orleans. I'm a CT bride, born and raised and having our wedding there. Just happen to be spending some time (4 years) in Nola til I come homeeee!  :)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's the best way to do this without publicly posting our addresses? Maybe we could do something cute like our best wedding advice/planning advice/advice for once you're married in it...or send out a favorite recipe? Thoughts?
  • edited December 2011
    There's a website calle Swap-bot.com  Someone needs to be the moderator. Then everyone goes and creates a profile and then adds themselves to the swap.  If for instance you want everyone to send 3 extra cards, the moderator then sets the preferences and the system will autmatically assign 3 people to each person involved in the swap. Then only that person will get the address' of the people that is assigned to them.  I do this on another internet board with recipes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the Secret Santa with the SB girls and we're using elfster.com
    edited December 2011
    We could also do a PW protected google doc
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_card-swap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f03c815b-7acc-460d-9f78-abd5e581e100Post:ec8d3d2b-0e42-4fe9-8396-e2545a4f52fc">Re: Card Swap?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's the best way to do this without publicly posting our addresses? Maybe we could do something cute like our best wedding advice/planning advice/advice for once you're married in it...or send out a favorite recipe? Thoughts?
    Posted by rswan412[/QUOTE]

<div>I like adding in recipes! I'm always looking for new ones!</div>
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_card-swap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f03c815b-7acc-460d-9f78-abd5e581e100Post:09fa7952-12d6-4e09-8621-8be379cf9b1a">Re: Card Swap?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing the Secret Santa with the SB girls and we're using elfster.com
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

Ditto--last year we did one (my month board) & are doing one again this year & Elfster was easy!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm up for a card swap or SS, we've done it for my annivsary board since we were a club board.

I love gettting real mail.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Adding recipes or something sounds like a good idea.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE this idea!  Recipes would be great to add too since I'm always trying to find something different to make!
    edited December 2011
    So we are we set on cards with our favorite recipes? You can include as many recipes as you like
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds fun to me! count me in...
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like fun! I'm in :)
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Should we try using elfster?

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does Elfster allow you to swap with more than one person in the group? How about Swap-Bot? Does that site work better for this swap?
  • MuddyInsigniaMuddyInsignia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in--it sounds like fun! I think recipes and cards sounds great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I like this idea.

Count me in!
    edited December 2011
    I've never used either elfster or swapbot - can someone with more experience clue us in?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No idea either!!
  • MuddyInsigniaMuddyInsignia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey guys, I have never used swap bot, but I just went to the website, and it does seem like it would be a good choice for exchange cards. I created my own personal account with my Knot username, and was very easy. If you want to know more about swap bot, I recommend you go the website, establish you own account, and read the FAQs:
    http://www.swap-bot.com/

If we need a moderator, I guess I could be one--but if someone else prefers to run this show or is more familiar with it, feel free!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_card-swap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f03c815b-7acc-460d-9f78-abd5e581e100Post:219e954b-8b13-453c-9f9a-d0c02ef8f143">Re: Card Swap?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, I have never used swap bot, but I just went to the website, and it does seem like it would be a good choice for exchange cards. I created my own personal account with my Knot username, and was very easy. If you want to know more about swap bot, I recommend you go the website, establish you own account, and read the FAQs: <a href="http://www.swap-bot.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.swap-bot.com/</a> If we need a moderator, I guess I could be one--but if someone else prefers to run this show or is more familiar with it, feel free!
    Posted by MuddyInsignia[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was looking around on swap-bot and it looks like if we create a private CT group, no one but us will be able to see what we are "swapping" or discussing. Everyone just has to sign up, and someone needs to be the group moderator. Who wants to do that?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I set up a private swap on swap-bot.com  The swap is called CT knotties card swap, you need to search for it, and the password is connecticut.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards