Connecticut
Options

Bridal salons with plus size bridal samples- Help!!!!

Hi everyone-

I would love to have the bride experience of trying on my dress and loving it! Unfortunately, the salons I have called have just a handful of samples, and they're the "typical" big girl wedding gowns.  I have a hard time justifying spending my bridal budget on a dress that I would have to hold up to myself, or one that I'm so sinched into that the design is distorted.

Anyone know of bridal salons in CT that have at least a few plus size bridal samples? Any help is appreciated. I'm at a loss of what to do.

Re: Bridal salons with plus size bridal samples- Help!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Davids Bridal has a lot of plus size gowns. And if you don't want to buy from them you can get an idea of what looks good on you/what you like/what is available then go to a salon to get a similar dress. Good Luck & above all, have fun, that is what it's all about!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a tough time finding dresses myself. I needed a size 18 and in lots of places even though I could get a 10 over my head my butt crack was hanging out and I was super uncomfortable walking out and showing my friends and family.  Davids Bridal had tons to try on and was a good starting point to decide what shape I was interested in, but I was looking for something more high end, and they didn't have anything in tall so I would have had to wear flats.  Needless to say I never really found what I wanted to try on and luckily the dress I ordered worked out for me in the end, but I honestly wasn't 100% happy.  A friend of mine though is getting married and we went to the Alfred Angelo htat just opened in Manchester and they had tons of plus size stuff too. I wish it had been there when I was looking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you be willing to travel into NYC at all?  I know the the Pronovias flagship store and Kleinfelds have plus size samples.  
    Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe the bridal mall in niantic?  although for some reason i think they only sell off the rack now...
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started with Davids to get an idea.

I also found that Bridal Bells in Berlin had a lot of plus size dresses.

http://www.bridalbellsboutique.com/
  • Options
    tammyo21tammyo21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Brancroft Bridal in Agawam MA...not too far over the boarder.  They had a lot dresses there and I ended up buying my Maggie there in a plus size.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually bought mine at the Bridal Mall prior to them going to all off the rack (so you are right with that statement starbuk) I had a horrible experience there. Worst wedding experience ever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definatelly Bridal Bells it is a full service salOn they are awesome getting my dress on Wednesday very excited. Alfred Angelo does nit offer alterations and not many stores take outside alterations so BEWARE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards