Connecticut
Options

DJ Questions

I have been keeping a list of all of the DJ recommendations but I'm getting myself confused and overwhelmed!  We are having a Sunday reception from 4-9 in July and I'm so worried that no one will want to dance because it will still be light out and on a Sunday.    

Did anyone have an afternoon or Sunday wedding with a DJ who could really get people going?  A friend (who manages a catering hall) said Alex from Jimmy Dee was amazing but their packages start at $1600 and I've seen a bunch for around $1k, so they seemed a little pricier.  I'm also thinking of a photobooth so not sure if I'd be better off trying to find someone who can add this in.  Any help?????? 

Venue, photographer, videographer all seemed easy to book.  I'm stressing out about the DJ though and my brian is getting fried!  My list currently includes: After Hours, Starry Nite, Music Speaks Volumes, Dance to the Music and Jimmy Dee.  Can anyone help narrow it down?  Unfortunately, DJ Melee isn't available...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ Questions

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peter Devine from After Hours was absolutely amazing.  Ours was a Saturday night wedding but After Hours is really great at making sure they fit what you want.  Peter reached out to me before our wedding (that's always a good sign when you don't feel like you're tracking down the vendors) and he was so great at basically coordinating the whole reception.  The day definitely ran smoothly because of him.  He was always telling me to let him know if we needed him to do anything at all and he was always ready to help out.

When we initially met with After Hours, I remember them asking about a photo booth so I know they can definitely include that.

I'm sure they would have some great suggestions and tips for a Sunday wedding. You also know your crowd best as far as age range, etc.  I'm sure it'll be a great time!  Its the summer so people will probably be more laid back and ready to have a good time- plus it'll be cooler since it's at night. 

Good luck!!
  • Options
    DiLynn83DiLynn83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Look into Zach Dauphinais!!

www.musictogoct.com

He's AWESOME!!  He'll get your crowd dancing!  And very, very reasonably priced.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a Saturday afternoon wedding from 12-5pm and our DJ did a great job of knowing what to play to get people out on the dancefloor and keep them there for most of the reception.  Almost every single guest at our wedding was dancing!  We used DJ Melee; highly recommend him!  He's also very reasonably priced...we paid around $500 for a 5 hour reception plus ceremony music.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Jimmy Dee--best decision we made! Richie was phenomenial and we had the best time ever! Their packages are a little pricy but worth every single penny! Alex is great as well, I had a friend who used him!! It was one of our easiest decisions and it was such a great feeling to know that they had everything covered!! I have a review in my married bio--I don't think I finished it yet but some great info is in there!!

Dance to the Music is great as well!!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LandB2012LandB2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  I'm trying to set up an appointment with Jimmy Dee and with After Hours.  I see so many posts about DJs but I'm still so nervous!  Thanks ladies!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a Sunday wedding starting at noon and our DJ had people dancing :) We booked Tommy from Celebration entertainment.  Their prices start at $1000, so it seems to be in the range you are looking for.  He was really awesome... if people sat down for a song, he would change it immeditately!  We forgot to request one song and by dumb luck, he played it as our 2nd to last song :) My friends had a blast, even on a Sunday "day" wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard so many great things about DJ Melee. I emailed him super excited, and he offered a few dates that he was available (after 4 days). I sent him a response immediately, and we're into the 2 wk mark without contact. I'm searching for other DJ's, so this list is helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards