Connecticut
Options

"best" macy's and BBB store

FI and I are going to register this weekend.  Any suggestions on which Macy's and BBB stores in the state have the largest selection of things to see in person.  We live in wallingford, so our closest macy's in Meriden, and closest BBB in Hamden. both are rather small stores though, and we'd like to head out to a bigger store.

Re: "best" macy's and BBB store

• Options
    As for BBB, I find the Milford location to always be a disorganized mess, I prefer the one in Farmington/West Hartford, I think there is a nice one in North Haven off 91. As for Macy's I'm very picky, West Hartford Danbury have the largest selections. Twice a year they do sip scans after the store close so you can really take your time and not be there during the crazy times. I'm not sure about BBB but we just got over 200 on a gift card from Macy's as a thank you which was a of our purchases, so that was a great incentive. Also Macy's has sales almost every weekend so I felt their prices were just as good as our retailers.
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment

I found the BBB in West Hartford to have the largest selection of items by far.

The Macy's in West Hartford and Manchester both have a good variety.

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I live in Wallingford too. 

I registered at the Macy's in Meriden because Joan who helps with the registries is super nice!  I met Joan at the Sip and Scan event (that I happened to walk into by accident!) at Westfarms Mall.  Once I met her, I decided to just met with her at her regular store.  After I did my registry, I realized that Buckland Hills Macy's has the BIGGEST selection I have seen...but maybe you don't want to drive all the way there...

As for BBB, I registered at the one in West Hartford (right near Westfarms...so maybe do both in that area and make a day of it?).  They have a pretty good selection there.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    To add another point at least for Macy's you can do so much online, which in the beginning I had no interest in but I will admit I stalked my registry a bit and found items online that weren't offered in the stores most purchases get free shipping so it's a win win for your guests. Some items were easier to compare when looking online. I don't want to be the barer of bad news or come off funny saying thus but all Macy's are very nice but a select in CT really carry a larger "nicer" or "higher" quality selection per our consultant. I found a lot that we registered for in the Danbury location I couldn't find at two other locations in CT when I took my sister back to show her. Our consultant Louise stated that certain stores are their higher producing wedding stores which cater to the surrounding area that typically purchase those higher end items.
  • Options
    I registered at both in Milford. I thought the selection was fine in both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_best-macys-and-bbb-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f6b93399-16c1-4fbf-a42d-fa3726f15593Post:60fd4459-7721-4995-965c-9ab7b4f665a7">Re:quot;bestquot; macy's and BBB store</a>:
    [QUOTE]To add another point at least for Macy's you can do so much online, which in the beginning I had no interest in but I will admit I stalked my registry a bit and found items online that weren't offered in the stores most purchases get free shipping so it's a win win for your guests. Some items were easier to compare when looking online. I don't want to be the barer of bad news or come off funny saying thus but all Macy's are very nice but a select in CT really carry a larger "nicer" or "higher" quality selection per our consultant. I found a lot that we registered for in the Danbury location I couldn't find at two other locations in CT when I took my sister back to show her. Our consultant Louise stated that certain stores are their higher producing wedding stores which cater to the surrounding area that typically purchase those higher end items.
    Posted by Amazing817[/QUOTE]

I think FI and I plan to do a lot online, but there are certain items we want to be able to touch and see in person (dishes, linens, etc).  I'm not necessarily looking for higher end things, but I've been to the macy's in meriden a lot since its close and I notice that sometimes they are out of stock on things, which can be frustrating if you want to see it in person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards