Connecticut
Options

Help finding a unique venue

Hi Ladies!

My fiance and I are hoping to find a unique venue to host our wedding ceremony and reception.  We're basically looking for a place that is unique, has some charm and a historic feel, but won't break the bank.  We are thinking of an outdoor setting  (weather/season permitting of course). We toured Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfeild, MA and Yankee Pedlar in Holyoke, MA.  We are open to pretty much any location in CT, Western MA, and the Berkshires.

Lighthouse Point Park/the Carousel in New Haven and Wickham Parki in Manchester are the next places of interest on the list...

Any suggestions you can provide will be very much appreciated!

Thank you so much for your input!  Happy Planning!

Re: Help finding a unique venue

• Options
    Mystic Aquarium or Mystic Seaport sound like they would be good options for you! 
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You should check out the Hill-Stead Museum in Farmington, CT. I think you bring in your own catering there which can help control costs and they have lots of spaces available from small to large. 

The Copper Beech Inn in Essex, CT is also really nice.  We looked at it when we were looking for venues but it was too small for us. However, it is beautiful and has a very historic feel.  If you are having a tented outdoor wedding I think they can accomodate a larger party but we were looking at the indoor venue. 

Good luck finding a venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Salem Cross.  Publick House in Sturbridge, MA and Zukas in Spencer, MA are similar, you may want to check those out!
  • Options
    I am getting married at the Webb Barn in Old Wethersfield. It is absolutely beautiful and has an additional historial aspect. 

I also looked at the Lace Factory in Deep River. It has a great vintage feel.

• Options
    SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm having my wedding at Grassy Hill Lodge in Derby, CT.  We are having our ceremony outside there and the reception will be indoors.  It has a rustic/vintage feel too it, there are old clocks everywhere as decor which I thought to be a unique touch.  It's also very affordable......we are inviting about 200 people and if everyone shows up the venue cost (food, open bar, cake) will be about $15K.
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Definitely check out Mystic Seaport. We had our reception in the River Room of Latitude 41 and were able to take all of our pics around the Seaport. We also reserved the North Lawn right on the water and had cocktail hour out there on the patio. It's also a great weekend vacation town for guests with tons of hotel options for a variety of budgets.

Coastal Gourmet does their catering (as well as a bunch of other venues in CT) so you may want to check out their website for more options. Their food is delcious!

Good luck!
  • Options
    You might consider the Golden Lamb Buttery in Brooklyn, CT.  It has a nice rustic feel and makes wonderful food!  :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I got married at Wickham Park in Manchester last year on May 1st.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  Here is a link to my FB wedding album, it has a mix of amateur and professional pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150271613428646.364180.715893645&type=3&l=da1102f00b

PM if you have any questions.  Oh and Rhonda is wonderful and we used Delaney House/Log Rolling Catering in Holyoke, MA.  They have have a package with Wickham and it is super reasonable.
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the Publick House in Sturbridge, ma. It's an older bb type inn. You can get married outside at the gazebo and have your reception outside in a tent or inside the "barn", which is very rustic with open beams. I know old Sturbridge village also does weddings too but never looked into it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards