Connecticut

Travel Agency for Honeymoon

Are any of you using a travel agency for your honeymoon - if so do you have any recommendations?

Re: Travel Agency for Honeymoon

• Depending on where you're traveling to we used Lisa Jone's at Santa Barbara Travel. She's certified in the South Pacific so she was very helpful, but I"m not sure she would be as wonderful if you weren't looking at that area, in particular Tahiti. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Custom Travel in Wallingford. We are going to Hawaii and it was better for them to book it instead of us. Also, they do not charge you for their services. They charge the booking company. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Coleen from Simply Honeymoons for our Hawaii HM and she was awesome. We did everything over the telephone and online/email.  I would highly recommend!

http://www.simplyhoneymoons.com/
  • we went through custom travel as well they are awesome
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I checked into apple, liberty and fantasy vacations. I ended up going with Richard silva from fantasy vacations. Definitely got the best prices from him. I even looked at bookit.com and cheapcarribbean.com. Both gave me really good deals but his were better. Plus he does everything for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the recommendations! I am meeting with Custom Travel this week so good to hear others have a good experience with them - I will look into the others as well. 
  • Where are you looking at going?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used MCM tours but they specialize in Aruba and they had the best deals out of everybody
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_travel-agency-for-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f8667bb2-56b6-4120-a3f4-465ee175f08dPost:40d245a4-dc7c-4197-a165-a454028ec9a1">Re: Travel Agency for Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you looking at going?
    Posted by JenMatt121210[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not 100% sure yet, but we are thinking St. Lucia.

</div>
  • Nope.  We decided to book things ourselves.  On of out first trips together was to the DR and we are going back.  I set up the airfare (nonstop and first class) with Jet Blue first and have done the accomadations separately.  The first few nights, we will stay at a "local" place, in Las Terrenas, where we stayed before, and will spend the remainder on the beach we fell in love with while we were there, Playa Bonita.  Our room is right on the ocean and it's not real built up or populated.  Very unspoiled.  We actually saw a hummingbird nest in a tree on the beach...amazing!  I might be a little extra effort to get around, because it's not a tourist trap, but for the money, it's fantastic.  Perfect trip for a couple with adventurous spirits (and one that speaks enough Spanish to get by).  Wink     
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • go to AAA! they have an aswesome travel dept and they will match or beat anyones prices plus their insurance plan (optional) is cheaper. They have books on everywhere in the world and know all the inside hook ups. My FI and I scored 2 all inclusive weeks to P.C. Dom.Re. with an upgrade, free honeymoon package and travel for the 2 of us just under $7g!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards