**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: **TGIF!!**

• Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, TGIF! Heading off to Williamsburg and Washington DC for a week- yay! FI is a HUGE history buff and he's never been, so this is exciting for him!!

Rave: LOVE my engagement pictures. Slightly borderline obsessed. My wedding is ONLY 6ish months away.....and fall TV is back....life is good!

Rant: FI's brother's ex-wife is CRAZY and I have no had to block her from my facebook, email and phone...she's a huge drama queen, and her jealousy just seeps out of her and she tries to cause issues.... so annoying!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  My boss is a moron.  I had a sit down conversation with one of the senior partners yesterday, and I let it all out - that he's been 'working from home' but totally unresponsive to emails (aka not working), when he does show up it's usually 3-4 hours late (he claims he works late, but whatever), that I have absolutely no guidance or feedback on the projects I'm working on, that he takes credit publically for the things that I have done, that he'll give me half an assignment and then be mad that I didn't do the other half I knew nothing about.  The communication sucks, his personality sucks (he's a crazy cultish religious person and keeps saying things like we "need to get rid of the gays" or making not-so-subtle comments about my morals since I live with FI before marriage).  The guy only eats hamburgers and pizza - literally, that's it.  Oh, and bagels for breakfast.

Rave:  My FI is just the best and makes me so darned happy.  He's so good at making the stress of the day just disappear as soon as I get home.  Last night, since he knew I had that tough conversation with the senior partner, he took me out for wings and beer.  And then today he dragged my lazy butt out of bed and brought me to Crossfit (the workout program we're doing).  He pays my membership, and then he encourages me the whole time and tells me how proud he is of me when I'm done.  It makes me feel really good!

Plans:  We're cleaning the house.  Two weeks from tomorrow, we're going on a family trip to Costa Rica and when we get back a week after, my parents and brother and his girlfriend are spending a night to split up their flights (Costa Rica to Miami, sleep at our place, then Miami to their respective homes - Denver and Boston).  So I want it clean!

Anniversary

• Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rave: It's Friday!!!

Rant: FI is leaving on Sunday for a work trip. He'll only be gone 2 days, but it's the first time I'll be away from him since we moved in together, and it's making me sad :(

Plans: FI and I are doing Day 2 of Pre-Cana tomorrow. And then we'll be visiting both of our families :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I worked a 12.5 hour day yesterday and was back at work this morning at 7:30 for a meeting... blah!

Rave: We just set our date for an engagement session, and I'm signed up for two Zumba classes next week. Also, I officially have the 3 biggest checks off my list, and a photobooth to boot! woohoo!

Friday plans: We're asking the little bro and sis to be in our wedding tonight. :)

Weekend plans: Road trip to Vermont!! :)
    Visit The Knot! Visit Connecticut.Weddings.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    courtneyymicourtneyymi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rave: Finally booked our venue and I am now making appts for caterers. MY FI is soooo excited about this part as he a definite foodie.

Rant: I am dreading the next fews days! I am cooking for a Stag party on Sat nite. I am up to my ears in potatoes, pasta & chicken. My FI is the best man in a dear friends wedding and he has been working really hard on planning this party. It upsets me to know that the rest of the wedding party (both sides included) have failed in their responsibilities. None of the groomsmen have sold more than 3 tickets and not a single bridesmaid (there are 4 girls, plus one maid of honor and one matron of honor) has made an attempt to throw the bride a bachelorette party. The bride is upset but trying to play it off as if she really doesn't want one. It breaks my heart! So I've decided to gathher my girlfriends and take her out for dinner & drinks next weekend. I don't understand how someone can accept the posistion of being in the wedding party and fail on ALL of their responsibilities! UGH!!!
    Sorry for the long rant but this makes me realize that you can have a 100 people you call "friends" but when push cmes to shove none of them are there when they should be!

Plans: As mentioned above I will be cooking, cooking and then I will be the DD for the groom and my FI after their party. This should be interesting! Also I plan to go dress shopping & lunch on Sun with my MOH.

• Options
    herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-65?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:fee883e5-eca0-48f4-9b56-9c2f891f6490Post:81fa83df-98aa-4f00-b961-59fa0a771978">Re: **TGIF!!**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rave: Finally booked our venue and I am now making appts for caterers. MY FI is soooo excited about this part as he a definite foodie. Rant: I am dreading the next fews days! I am cooking for a Stag party on Sat nite. I am up to my ears in potatoes, pasta & chicken. My FI is the best man in a dear friends wedding and he has been working really hard on planning this party. It upsets me to know that the rest of the wedding party (both sides included) have failed in their responsibilities. None of the groomsmen have sold more than 3 tickets and not a single bridesmaid (there are 4 girls, plus one maid of honor and one matron of honor) has made an attempt to throw the bride a bachelorette party. The bride is upset but trying to play it off as if she really doesn't want one. It breaks my heart! So I've decided to gathher my girlfriends and take her out for dinner & drinks next weekend. I don't understand how someone can accept the posistion of being in the wedding party and fail on ALL of their responsibilities! UGH!!! Sorry for the long rant but this makes me realize that you can have a 100 people you call "friends" but when push cmes to shove none of them are there when they should be! Plans: As mentioned above I will be cooking, cooking and then I will be the DD for the groom and my FI after their party. This should be interesting! Also I plan to go dress shopping & lunch on Sun with my MOH.
    Posted by courtneyymi[/QUOTE]
    This sounds exactly like my wedding party! Outside of our MOH and Best Man none of the other GM's or BM's have done anything for us. Originally FI wasn't even having a stag b/c none of the other GM's, other than my brother,  wanted to chip in and pay  for anything and neither FI's parents. Finally, 2 weeks before the stag, they decided they would chip in and throw something together. Meanwhile, my family has made most of the food and organized pretty much the whole thing. For my shower, my mom and sister ran the whole thing. None of my BM's helped with that either. In fact, 2 of them didn't even show up! Weddings really make you realize who your true friends are!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so excited it's the weekend!! Rave- last weekend as a Miss!!! So excited!! I was off work today and put together all of my oot bags, bathroom Baskets and made place cards so I am officially ready to get married as all of my projects are now finished! Lol Rant- I have to wait 8 more days lol Tom- go tanning, out to eat, some errands Sun- I have to work! But only half a day.. Have a nice weekend ladies!! :)
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Raves:  I worked half a week at my new job and I've gotten a great welcome from the other teachers and staff.  My cousin (MOH) also had her baby on Tuesday so I finally got to see him today after having bronchitis since last weekend.   So itty bitty! 

Rants:  None at the moment....except the rain!

Weekend plans: 
    Today:  After work I went to see the baby and FI took me out to dinner for a mini celebration for getting a new job (it's only temporary), then we went grocery shopping and finally relaxing for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow:  I'm supposed to work, but probably won't based on the weather forecast.  At the end of the Sept. with rain in the forecast it would probably cost more to open than to keep the outside closed for the day.  And at some point heading to the Durham Fair for some yummy greasy food!  I've gone for the last 26 years, can't stop now.

Sunday:  Football sunday at FI's grandmas and relaxing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards