Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon advice!!

Hi girls...we are looking into the all inclusive adult only route. That said, any advice on which is better Sandals or Secrets??? We are looking for suite with a hot tub on the balcony etc...our budget is 5,000. Any advice or tips would be AWESOME!!

Re: Honeymoon advice!!

• Options
    I've only been to Sandals not secrets.  I think it depends on which location you go to for which is better.  I don't know about private hot tubs.  At the Sandals Royal Bahamian there are a ton of hot tubs around the property.  
  • Options
    We had some "wants" similar to that.......along with many others........when we were trying to decide between the two chains. What I found was that you get much more "bang for your buck" at Secrets. You also may want to consider contacting a travel agent so that you can lay out all of the things you really want and they can match it up to a few great resorts. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In my research,I found secrets to be more reasonably priced than sandals, though both are supposed to be lovely!
  • Options
    We've stayed at Secrets and Sandals (and Dreams and Beaches- their family friendly partners).  I do agree that Secrets is more reasonably priced but we prefer Sandals locations better.  We stayed at both a Secrets and Dreams in Dominican Republic- the resorts were awesome (David Ortiz of the Red Sox was actually at Dreams when we were there) but there is nothing to see outside of the resorts.  So, our travel agent recommended we try Sandals La Toc for our next vacation.  We really liked Sandals (we did a butler room on the bluff) and loved St. Lucia. 
    My best advice is to decide what all you want to "experience" on your honeymoon- whether you want a nicer hotel, options outside of the resort, or somewhere in the middle.

We love our TA.  She is really knowledgeable on both chains and all their destinations and has helped us decide on the perfect resorts for what we were looking for each getaway.  If you'd like her info, just PM me. 

Look at Couples and El Dorado resorts as well.  We've had friends love staying at those.
    Good luck!
  • Options

OP also check out Couples Resorts in Jamaica - they have 4 locations there.  Not sure about hot tubs, but they have some amazing beachfront options.  I priced it out for 10 nights with airfare from NYC and it was about $5,600 for the top line room.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards