Honeymoon Discussions

All Inclusive Honeymoon- $4,000 budget

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an all inclusive honeymoon that will cost $4,000 or less, for about one week?
Our wedding will be in February and honeymoon will be in February as well.

I was looking at the Majestic Elegance, P*nta Cana but was a little put off by the negative reviews. Has anyone been to the resort? I usually never travel because i'm picky with food and where I stay, but would really like to go somewhere for our honeymoon. I appreciate all responses.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: All Inclusive Honeymoon- $4,000 budget

• NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    We're headed for the Royal in Cancun in three weeks for a vacation.  To stay in a corner suite (which is one of the top 3 level suites) for 6 nights, with air from MSP came in at about $3k.  Feb is high season but I don't think it would be over $4k.  They're very well reviewed on TripAdvisor (with loads of pictures too).  The best thing?  Every room has a full ocean view.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Didn't stay in the Majestic, but we stayed at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro in DR for a vacation.  There were certain things we liked about the place and certain things we didn't like.  We liked how it was adult only on the Royal side.  If it were our honeymoon, we would have splurged for a suite with a private swim up pool.
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    I rec. Paradisius, P*nta Cana! It was the most gorgeous AI I've ever stayed in! I booked through here: http://www.applevacations.com/
  • Also look into Jamaica, we are staying at Couples Tower Isle for 8 days 7 nights in July with airfare for around $3300 Its AI plus also includes excursions!
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You could stay at several in Costa Rica. I've looked at some of the Hilton properties, but I think I'm going to book at the Westin's AI. I'm using latindestinations.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • we are going to Couples Swept Away in Jamaica for $3,200!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    We stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach in Riveria Maya, MX for 7 days/8 nights with a swimout pool and Preferred Club status for about $4k.  We flew out of O'hare.

We loved it!  I have a review and few pics in my bio.
  • RIU Guanacaste in Costa Rica!
  • we stayed at the excellence in puntacana  DR and it was spectacular. the food was good, the service was great, and there was quite a bit of entertainment.

it was not for our honeymoon, but a vacation but i would definitly go back!

very reasonably priced!
  • We are going to Couples Negril for 7 nights in September - around 3600
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're staying at Secrets Wild Orchid in Jamaica for a week for $3800. That did not include any excursions though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the recommendations.
    Hannah, I checked out your bio and the place looks gorgeous.

I appreciate everyone's feedback- It seems there are more options out there than I thought =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are going to the Excellence Resort in P. Cana. We went last year and it was amazing so we are going back for 10 days in Novemeber for our honeymoon. We both love the Dominican Republic. I don't know what their prices are in February as we have only traveled there in April and November (and a November wedding/honeymoon). Check it out. It's all inclusive and adults only. We had a blast with the other couple we went with last year. Good luck!
  • We are staying at Dreams Puerto Vallarta. You would be able to get a great suite for undr $4000. I haven't been yet, so I could be wrong about the 'great' part! It looks gorgeous though!
  • We are staying a Majestic Ellegance for around $2500
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards